THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Malls are closing around the country, but in Miami, they're about to build the biggest mall in the U.S. Construction will begin in late 2021, with an opening scheduled for 2025.
- The buzz in the media: "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker," is on track to be the worst-reviewed film in the nine-picture saga.
- Amazon has made it so that your Alexa can change the subject if an argument breaks out on Christmas Day. Their research indicates that most family arguments occur at 6:30pm on Christmas Day, so if that happens to you, just say, "Alexa, change the subject" and she'll toss out some distracting topics like, "Is Die Hard a Christmas movie?"
- Liam Hemsworth introduced his new girlfriend -- model Gabriella Brooks -- to his parents. Yep, took her home to the parents.
- We didn't know that Charlize Theron's mother shot and killed her alcoholic father, after the father had taken a shot at Charlize and her mom. Happened back in 1991.
- For the first time ever, Miss Universe, Miss World, Miss America, Miss USA and Miss Teen USA are all women of color.
- Brad Pitt was invited to Jennifer Aniston's annual holiday party and is said to have been the last to leave.
- Several car models are going away in 2020. Among those destined to become a thing of the past: The Fiat 500, The Jaguar XJ, The Lincoln MKC, the Chevy Impala, The Toyota Prius C and the Ford Flex.
- Hugh Hefner's 28-year-old son, Cooper, has stepped down from the media company he was running and has enlisted in the Air Force.
- If you ever have a chance to interview Adam Driver, he asks that you not play any clips of him during the interview. He doesn't like to hear himself. Someone with an NPR show ignored that advice-Adam walked out of the interview.
- There was a finale of "Survivor" and "The Masked Singer" last night. For those who recorded it and plan to watch one of them tonight, we're not saying a word.
- Teresa and Joe Giudice are splitting after 20 years of marriage.
- Harry Hamlin wasn't really paying attention to his schedule and then he realized he was scheduled to appear in a Christmas Eve matinee of his show, "One November Yankee." But he would rather be at home with his family, so he bought out the entire theater-to the tune of $7500 and then he was free to go home.
- What did Cardi B give her husband for his birthday? $500,000 in cash, inside a refrigerator. I'm not making this up.
- The medical examiner's report is in: Brian Tarantina -- who recently played Jackie in Amazon's "The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel" -- died of "acute intoxication by the combined effects of fentanyl, heroin, diazepam and cocaine.
- A report says 91 of the Fortune 500 companies paid no federal taxes in 2018.
- An IHOP waitress in New Jersey received a tip for $1,200.
- The March of Dimes is moving their headquarters closer to Washington, DC.
- If you miss "The Far Side," cartoonist Gary Larson is back after 25 years with a website where he'll feature old cartoons and an "occasional new ones."
- A study says people who use cruise control are twice as likely to text while driving.
- Oregon is the number one ranked state in which to grow Christmas trees.
- Atlanta has been ranked the best city for Christmas celebrations.
Post a Comment