- A Kentucky state representative has committed suicide after being accused of molesting a teenage girl.
- Disney announced yesterday that the deal has been signed -- they've bought 21st Century Fox assets, including the movie studio, network Nat Geo, Asian pay-TV operator Star TV, stakes in Sky and Hulu and regional sports networks. The price: $52.4 billion.
- Wal-Mart is actually selling a "Weed Christmas Tree" -- a holiday tree made entirely out of fake marijuana leaves.
- More than 20% of U.S. broadband households plan to buy a voice-controlled smart speaker with personal assistant before the end of 2017.
- As of Wednesday, Norway is the first country to go totally to digital radio and ditch FM. The transition concerns only national radio channels. Most local stations continue to broadcast in FM.
- Music mogul Russell Simmons has now been accused of rape by three women. That's a total of nine sexual misconduct accusations.
- Hillary Clinton was spotted wearing a surgical boot two months after breaking her toe falling down some stairs.
- Subway has seen a 25% drop in customer traffic over the past five years.
- Norway's Princess Martha has announced that she'd like a boyfriend for Christmas. Pressure's on, Santa.
- The United States Postal Service will honor the 50th anniversary of "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" with a new forever stamp next year.
- The New York pipe bomb suspect reportedly rode the subway from Brooklyn to Manhattan with the bomb strapped to his body.
- India has banned ads for condoms from prime time TV.
- Arby's is currently testing a new sandwich called "The Arbynator" that features roast beef, curly fries, and both cheese and honey sauces.
- The long-awaited iMac Pro has finally landed in stores, starting at $4,999.
- Omarosa and President Trump say they're on good terms after her exit from the administration and she says don't rule out running for office in her future.
- 50-cent has signed an 8-figure deal with Starz to develop some shows.
- McDonald's has now made their McVegan burger a permanent member of the menu in Sweden and Finland.
Friday, December 15, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Don't Work Too Hard Is France unfairly punishing hardworking business owners - or is it just protecting the people from overwork? Opini...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...