- A Kentucky state representative has committed suicide after being accused of molesting a teenage girl.
- Disney announced yesterday that the deal has been signed -- they've bought 21st Century Fox assets, including the movie studio, network Nat Geo, Asian pay-TV operator Star TV, stakes in Sky and Hulu and regional sports networks. The price: $52.4 billion.
- Wal-Mart is actually selling a "Weed Christmas Tree" -- a holiday tree made entirely out of fake marijuana leaves.
- More than 20% of U.S. broadband households plan to buy a voice-controlled smart speaker with personal assistant before the end of 2017.
- As of Wednesday, Norway is the first country to go totally to digital radio and ditch FM. The transition concerns only national radio channels. Most local stations continue to broadcast in FM.
- Music mogul Russell Simmons has now been accused of rape by three women. That's a total of nine sexual misconduct accusations.
- Hillary Clinton was spotted wearing a surgical boot two months after breaking her toe falling down some stairs.
- Subway has seen a 25% drop in customer traffic over the past five years.
- Norway's Princess Martha has announced that she'd like a boyfriend for Christmas. Pressure's on, Santa.
- The United States Postal Service will honor the 50th anniversary of "Mister Rogers' Neighborhood" with a new forever stamp next year.
- The New York pipe bomb suspect reportedly rode the subway from Brooklyn to Manhattan with the bomb strapped to his body.
- India has banned ads for condoms from prime time TV.
- Arby's is currently testing a new sandwich called "The Arbynator" that features roast beef, curly fries, and both cheese and honey sauces.
- The long-awaited iMac Pro has finally landed in stores, starting at $4,999.
- Omarosa and President Trump say they're on good terms after her exit from the administration and she says don't rule out running for office in her future.
- 50-cent has signed an 8-figure deal with Starz to develop some shows.
- McDonald's has now made their McVegan burger a permanent member of the menu in Sweden and Finland.
Friday, December 15, 2017
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
If you have blue eyes, you may want to be wary of beer, wine and cocktails. Genetic researchers at the University of Vermont say that people...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...