- The late Aretha Franklin's family said it found an Atlanta pastor's eulogy delivered at the Queen of Soul's funeral last week to be offensive and distasteful. The Rev. Jasper Williams Jr. was criticized for a political address that described children being in a home without a father as "abortion after birth" and said black lives do not matter unless blacks stop killing each other.
- Following Apple, Amazon has become the second U.S. company worth over a trillion dollars.
- Kids in France under the age of 15 are now officially banned from using any electronic devices while at school.
- The carcasses of nearly 90 elephants have been found near a famous wildlife sanctuary in Botswana. They were apparently killed three weeks ago by poachers for their tusks.
- Most parents might post a picture or brief video when they send their child off to college. Catherine Zeta Jones and Michael Douglas shared a video full of home movies as their son, Dylan, went off to college.
- Nike has a new print ad that features Colin Kaepernick and the words, "Believe in something. Even if it means sacrificing everything. #justdoit"
- A new study claims that Baltimore drivers are the worst in the nation.
- KFC will give $11,000 in scholarship money to the first child born on September 9th named "Harland." That's Colonel Harland Sanders' birthday.
- The U.S. is on track for record sales of video games, which could reach $40 billion this year.
- Monica Lewinsky walked off a stage in Israel over the weekend when she was asked an "out of bounds" question. She had said Clinton questions were not allowed and when one was asked, she walked.
- William Shatner has a new book out -- "Live Long and... What I Might Have Learned Along the Way" -- in which he says he has no idea what caused a riff between himself and Leonard Nimoy before Nimoy passed away.
- Dave Bautista says he may have done his last "Guardians of the Galaxy" movie after the firing of director James Gunn.
- Major League Baseball is on track for the lowest batting average since 1972.
- Kevin Hart has been kicking out fans for using cellphones during his shows.
- Joe Biden is making noises like he may take on President Trump in 2020.
- Brazil's national museum went up in flames Sunday night, destroying most of 20 million historical pieces, including a 12,000-year-old fossil.
- Minneapolis FBI agents and local law enforcement have recovered one of four known surviving pairs of ruby slippers worn by actress Judy Garland in the 1939 movie "The Wizard of Oz." They were stolen from a Judy Garland museum back in 2005.
- Nicki Minaj showed off even more than she planned at Jay-Z's Made In America festival this weekend. A wardrobe malfunction. You can imagine the rest.
- Starbucks has closed more than half of their New Zealand stores in the past few years.
- In Malaysia, two women were publicly caned after being accused of being lesbians.
- A South Carolina woman is being accused of killing her husband by putting Visine in his drinking water.
- The U.S. Open Tennis Tournament is underway in New York.
- Michael A. Kennedy, George Strait's longtime drummer, was killed in a car crash on Interstate 40 in Lebanon, Tennessee, on Friday. He was 59.
Wednesday, September 5, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
When it comes to pregnancy, it obviously takes two to get there. Once you're there, however, there's only one person carrying the ba...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...