YOUR TOENAILS LOOK TERRIBLE
- The toenail should extend no farther than the end of the toe. When cutting your toenails, leave only a sliver of white at the end of the nail. Cut your toenails even shorter if you do high-impact activities, such as running and Zumba classes.
- If you polish toenails, use a base coat. Painting your toenails red without a base coat can discolor the toenail.
- The best time to cut your toenails is after a shower when the nails are softer.
- After cutting your toenails, use an emery board to file away any sharp edges. File in one direction only--not back and forth.
- Common toenail clippers may be inexpensive, but they can leave jagged edges or cut too deeply. Nail nippers, which look somewhat like pliers and are available at beauty supply stories, cut with greater precision. But they also cost more