THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Apple is celebrating their best quarter earnings EVER, thanks to iPhone 11.
- Mattel has expanded their Barbie line to include all kinds of special editions, including prosthetic leg Barbie, Wheelchair Barbie, and even a Barbie without hair.
- Nintendo is no longer repairing Wii video consoles.
- We're hearing that the L.A. Chargers have "moved on" from Phillip Rivers, whose contract has expired. So, who's next?
- Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus's divorce has now been finalized.
- Shaun Weiss, who starred as Greg the hockey goalie in "The Mighty Ducks" movies, has been arrested and charged by police for burglary and for being under the influence of Methamphetamine.
- Casting has begun for "Matrix 4." All the main characters will be back.
- Planters is pulling back a bit on the social media campaign they were planning about the death of Mr. Peanut, who died in a fiery death. They say it's out of respect for what happened to Kobe.
- President Trump and Michael Bloomberg are each planning minute-long commercials during the game, but 63% of Americans call the Super Bowl an inappropriate platform for political ads, according to a poll by Morning Consult for CMO Today.
- P.E.T.A. has written a letter, calling for the retirement of Punxsutawney Phil, the Groundhog. They say it's time to turn over the tradition to an animatronic groundhog. Phil's big day is this Sunday.
- Former American Idol judge Randy Jackson has lost 114 pounds since you last saw him.
- Someone broke into Billy Joel's Long Island estate last weekend and vandalized a dozen of his motorcycles.
- Queen guitarist Brian May is designing sports bras these days. One with pictures of guitars all over it will run you $46. Matching leggings were available but have sold out.
- A "Fast and Furious 9" trailer comes out tomorrow.
- McDonald's is trying something new in Japan at their restaurants -- the rice burger bun.
- Justin Bieber's new album is coming out on Valentine's Day.
- A short-lived cartoon series on Comedy Central called "Legends of Chamberlain Heights" actually predicted legendary basketball player Kobe Bryant's helicopter crash in 2016. That episode has been pulled from their reruns.
- Madonna has canceled yet another show on her European concert tour, her 10th, due to health.
Post a Comment