THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Emilio Estevez is going to return as Coach Bombay in a "Mighty Ducks" TV series on Disney Plus.
- Speaking of returns, Mel Gibson and Danny Glover say they're up for one more "Lethal Weapon." Number five, if you're keeping score at home.
- A new law making its way through the legislature in Washington would make discriminating against someone because of their hair, illegal.
- Comedian Jack Burns has died at the age of 86. He was the front half of the comedy team of Burns and Schreiber, but before that, he was part of a two-man comedy team with George Carlin.
- Amazon is testing this out in Seattle-allowing food stamp users to have their groceries delivered.
- Bill Vinovich will be among the referees working the Super Bowl this Sunday. He's the one that missed the pass interference call in the Rams-Saints playoff game last year.
- "Days of our Lives" has been given a renewal at NBC for its 50th season.
- A last-minute edit to the Genesis commercial for this Sunday's Super Bowl. It originally opened with a private helicopter parked outside of a mansion. There was the thought that it would remind people of the Kobe crash and so it was taken out.
- ABC news has suspended reporter Matt Gutman after he went on air Sunday saying that all four of Kobe's kids were aboard that helicopter.
- There are 9 types of vegan bread available at Subway. Who knew?
- "Stranger Things" star Gaten Matarazzo has a 4th surgery to treat a bone disorder he's been dealing with.
- Hey ladies, he's single again! William Shatner has finalized the divorce from his fourth wife, Elizabeth.
- My Chemical Romance has announced their first U.S. tour in 9 years.
- Bill Gates' 23-year-old daughter Jennifer Gates has announced her engagement to Egyptian show jumper Nayel Nassar.
- Ellen DeGeneres and Alicia Keys gave $20,000 to a Texas teen towards a college scholarship after he was told he wouldn't get to graduate with his high school unless he cut his dreadlocks.
- A postal worker in Virginia was caught with a storage locker full of mail he never delivered. He said he would get too pressured, so whenever it overwhelmed him, he'd just stash the mail in the storage locker... for over a year.
- Hillary Clinton says she feels the "urge" to run again and says she would win.
- A North Dakota man found out the Rolex watch he bought in 1974 for $350 is worth $700,000.
- Researchers say that Americans now throw out nearly a third of their food at home.
- That Japanese billionaire has changed his mind and is no longer looking for a girlfriend to take along on his upcoming space flight. He would like to thank the 27,722 who applied.
- The Governor of Alabama, Kay Ivey, is in a sling after she broke her shoulder after tripping over her dog.
- If you'd like to buy the Hollywood Hills bungalow home that Darren Criss and his wife bought last year, it's up for sale. Yours for just $1.7 million.
- Russell Wilson and his wife Ciara have another baby on the way, her third, their second together.
- It's not official, but the rumored name of the new Seattle NHL team is said to be, "The Kraken."
- One ABC news report said that the impeachment trial could be over by the weekend.
Post a Comment