- Anthony Bourdain was found hanged in his hotel room in France on Friday. He was 61.
- The sister of Queen Maxima of the Netherlands committed suicide. She was 33.
- Suicide is now the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S.
- Rex Reed has called Jodie Foster's new movie, "Hotel Artemis," "the worst movie of the year." One quote from his review: "Moronic drivel that truly qualifies as the worst movie of the year, it sinks amateurish moviemaking aimed at audiences with no taste to an alarming new low."
- The Justice Department said that its report on ex-FBI director James Comey and the bureau's probe into Hillary Clinton will be released this Thursday, June 14 -- the president's 72nd birthday.
- American wealth has passed the $100-trillion mark.
- Duchess Kate's little sister, Pippa Middleton, is expecting her first child.
- Alan O'Neill, known for playing Irish gunrunner Hugh on FX's Sons of Anarchy, died last week in Los Angeles. He was 47. He was a heavy smoker with a history of heart problems, and foul play is not suspected.
- Henry Winkler, "the Fonz", was among the 118,000 eligible voters left off the election rolls in L.A. last week.
- The hottest new flavor this summer: the brasperry. It's what you get when you stuff a blueberry inside a raspberry. (Or combine the flavors for a drink.)
- A woman was gored by a Buffalo at Yellowstone last week, as a group of people just got too close to it and it ticked him off.
- A South Dakota sheriff who lost his re-election bid to his own deputy in a landslide wasted no time getting back. One minute after polls closed, he fired the deputy.
- Mandy Moore said in an interview that years ago, she met Justin Timberlake backstage and he joked that she had big feet. A passing comment that Justin doesn't even remember making, but he had no idea it had such an impact on Mandy. He has apologized for it.
- A new restaurant has opened in Boston where all the food is cooked by robots.
- A Kim Jong un impersonator was detained at Changi Airport after returning to Singapore ahead of the historic summit planned for later today.
- Mitt Romney is predicting President Trump will be re-elected in 2020.
Monday, June 11, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
If you have blue eyes, you may want to be wary of beer, wine and cocktails. Genetic researchers at the University of Vermont say that people...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...