- Anthony Bourdain was found hanged in his hotel room in France on Friday. He was 61.
- The sister of Queen Maxima of the Netherlands committed suicide. She was 33.
- Suicide is now the 10th leading cause of death in the U.S.
- Rex Reed has called Jodie Foster's new movie, "Hotel Artemis," "the worst movie of the year." One quote from his review: "Moronic drivel that truly qualifies as the worst movie of the year, it sinks amateurish moviemaking aimed at audiences with no taste to an alarming new low."
- The Justice Department said that its report on ex-FBI director James Comey and the bureau's probe into Hillary Clinton will be released this Thursday, June 14 -- the president's 72nd birthday.
- American wealth has passed the $100-trillion mark.
- Duchess Kate's little sister, Pippa Middleton, is expecting her first child.
- Alan O'Neill, known for playing Irish gunrunner Hugh on FX's Sons of Anarchy, died last week in Los Angeles. He was 47. He was a heavy smoker with a history of heart problems, and foul play is not suspected.
- Henry Winkler, "the Fonz", was among the 118,000 eligible voters left off the election rolls in L.A. last week.
- The hottest new flavor this summer: the brasperry. It's what you get when you stuff a blueberry inside a raspberry. (Or combine the flavors for a drink.)
- A woman was gored by a Buffalo at Yellowstone last week, as a group of people just got too close to it and it ticked him off.
- A South Dakota sheriff who lost his re-election bid to his own deputy in a landslide wasted no time getting back. One minute after polls closed, he fired the deputy.
- Mandy Moore said in an interview that years ago, she met Justin Timberlake backstage and he joked that she had big feet. A passing comment that Justin doesn't even remember making, but he had no idea it had such an impact on Mandy. He has apologized for it.
- A new restaurant has opened in Boston where all the food is cooked by robots.
- A Kim Jong un impersonator was detained at Changi Airport after returning to Singapore ahead of the historic summit planned for later today.
- Mitt Romney is predicting President Trump will be re-elected in 2020.
Monday, June 11, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...