- Queen Elizabeth had to miss an event the other day because she was "under the weather," which has the rumor tongues wagging.
- The Detroit Tigers have fired pitching coach Chris Bosio for making insensitive remarks to a team employee.
- A study says the perfect women's body for women is athletic, while men prefer curvy.
- So far, 132 candidates have been killed during Mexico's campaign season.
- A Houston business owner was arrested Tuesday after he allegedly hired a hitman to kill a police officer who gave him too many nuisance tickets.
- A Trump-Putin summit is set. We know it will be sometime in July, tacked on to his schedule European visit, July 10-14 and most likely, in Helsinki, Finland.
- Carolina Panthers owner Jerry Richardson was fined $2.75 million to support organizations addressing race and gender-based issues and fund league-wide workplace training as a result of NFL's investigation into workplace misconduct accusations made against him.
- The Florida Department of Health is warning beach goers about an outbreak of sea lice in the water. Who knew?
- SpaceX is sending an AI robot ‘crew member' to join the astronauts on the space station.
- The 16-year-old son of Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis is not doing well and battling "serious health problems." That's as much as we know.
- The Red Hen Restaurant in California is losing business because people mistakenly think it's connected to the one in Virginia that kicked out Sarah Huckabee Sanders last week. It isn't.
- The brother of New York Giants cornerback Janoris Jenkins has been arrested after a family friend was found dead at the NFL player's New Jersey home.
- If you ever see a painting signed by "Clifford", that could be Clifford the Horse, who has learned how to paint, from Michigan.
- The creepy, plastic-faced Burger King has spoken in a TV commercial for the first time. His only word: "Wazzzup!"
- Kendal Jenner is living with Ben Simmons in a $25,000 a month rental home in Los Angeles.
- Stage, film and TV actor Stanley Anderson, known for his role as the judge in the final episode of "Seinfeld" and as General Slocum in "Spider-Man," has died of brain cancer. He was 78.
- The Anguilla Beach House where LeBron James is relaxing these days costs $75,000 a week to stay there.
- China has put a cap on how much their film stars can make, saying that large salaries can result in "money worship."
- Bud Light is offering free beer to soccer fans if Mexico can beat its "curse of the fifth game" in the World Cup. In a tweet, the beer company announced that if Mexico beats Brazil and advances to the quarterfinals that it will help pay for customers' beer.
- Then there's the woman in Florida who drove almost 20 miles with her ex hanging on to the hood of her car.
Friday, June 29, 2018
THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
Born On This Day... In 1440 Ivan III (the Great), grand prince of Russia In 1561 English statesman/philosopher, Francis Bacon ...
It’s a Blitz of the Hits Everyday on Desert Radio AZ - The 50s thru 2016 - Pop, Rock, Country, R&B, Blues, Hip Hop, & more We pl...