- Cyber Monday was a term first invented via a press release in 2005 by Shop.org.
- The press release cited a research that reportedly said 77 percent of online retailers witnessed a surge in their sales on the Monday following the Thanksgiving weekend.
- The Cyber Monday of 2010 was reported to be the highest spending day of the year ($1.028 billion) but not always...
- In fact, the day is supposed to be only about the 12th busiest online shopping day of the year, although the online shopping culture has definitely increased over the years.
- There is a general consensus that the busiest shopping day falls about 10 days prior to Christmas somewhere in mid-December.
- Another day added to the list of consumerism is called 'Green Monday'. Started by eBay, it is the 2nd Monday of December when it is believed maximum people indulge in online shopping.
- According to estimates, Cyber Monday sales have increased by $100 million each year since 2005.
- Usually people are offered the same deals on Cyber Monday as on Black Friday, the only difference being they don't have to face the rush, shoving and pushing of Friday shopping in stores.
- Maximum traffic to retail websites is said to come from people at work.
- Many employees have been fired for using official computers or shopping during working hours. In 2011, for example, 22 percent employees were fired for using the internet for non-work activities throughout the year.
We play music to grill by, great music for parties, enjoy listening in the office or anywhere you can get an internet connection. We even have a request page that puts your request right into our music rotation. Desert Radio AZ "Your Community Internet Radio Station."