THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Police said Monday they're investigating a member of K-pop superstar group BTS over a traffic accident that left him and a taxi driver with minor injuries.
- Ellen DeGeneres is going to receive the Carol Burnett Award at the 77th annual Golden Globes.
- In New Zealand, a man responded to an online auction, thinking he was buying one hen. He misread the description and now has had 1,000 hens delivered to his home.
- Lady Gaga's next big movie role will be as Italian socialite Patrizia Reggiani, the ex-wife of Maurizio Gucci, grandson of the vaunted fashion house's founder, Guccio Gucci.
- Olivia Newton-John's iconic "Grease" leather jacket and skintight pants sold for $405,000 at an auction last Saturday.
- Zac Posen is shutting down his fashion label.
- They say that some parents are hiring video game coaches for their kids, so they can play more competitively, at $100 an hour.
- Bed, Bath and Beyond will be open on Thanksgiving Day from 5pm-midnight.
- Target is offering military veterans a 10% on everything through next Monday, November 11th -- Veterans Day.
- Matthew McConaughey was among the volunteers cooking and serving turkey dinners to 1600 first responders battling the California fires.
- World Series MVP Stephen Strasburg is going to test the free agency waters and has opted out of his contract with the Nationalsr
- Former Spice Girl Emma Bunton says she sent a rather risque picture of herself to her mother, instead of to her boyfriend. Oops.
- Kim Kardashian says that she's put on 18 pounds over the past year. In her words, "Sometimes we fall off."
- An electric Chevy Corvette hit 210 mph in a recent speed test.
- Country singer Chely Wright revealed that she suffered a stroke after her 48th birthday.
- Kelly Clarkson is going to do a Las Vegas residency starting April 1st at the Zappos Theater at Planet Hollywood and will keep it going through September.
- Delta had cut out the same-sex love scenes in the movies, "Rocketman" and "Booksmart" in it's in-flight films... but after complaints, is putting them back in.
- Rudy Boesch, the former Navy SEAL who competed in the first "Survivor" series, has died. He was 91.
- Saudi Arabia is set for its first ever WWE women's wrestling event.
- Houston mattress mogul Jim McIngvale says he lost $11-12 Million on World Series bets on the Astros.
- A bird population study says that North America has lost 2.9 billion birds in the last 50 years.
- For the record, Microsoft tried out a 4-day work week in Japan this summer and productivity went up 40%.
- Meghan Markle‘s estranged half-brother is cashing in on his family connections by starring in a new Big Apple advertisement - as a thief who steals from the royal family.
Post a Comment