THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Former Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson and her husband Andrew East welcomed a baby girl into the world this week.
- Remember how Alec Baldwin was sued by a guy he punched over a parking space a year ago? Now, Alec is suing the guy for false imprisonment and defamation.
- Kanye West's new album, "Jesus is King" has debuted at number one on the music charts. His 9th album in a row to do that.
- The Dow Jones is up 18% for the year.
- Cooper Hefner, son of the late Playboy founder Hugh Hefner, has married his longtime girlfriend and fiancée, actress Scarlett Byrne. She played Pansy Parkinson in the Harry Potter movies.
- After two years of dating, it looks like Anna Faris and cinematographer Michael Barrett are engaged. No official announcement yet, but she's lugging around quite a rock on her finger.
- J.C. Penney is said to be looking at relaunching their stores with a new type of venue that includes fitness studios, video game lounges and style classes.
- A Russian man faces four years in prison for throwing a cat that scratched a policeman.
- This year's World Series was the third least-watched ever.
- The Center for Disease Control says that on-screen smoking in PG-13 films has doubled since 2010.
- Tyler Perry Studios in Atlanta will host the next Democratic President Debate on November 20.
- As she approaches her 30th birthday, Emma Watson says she's "self-partnered," not single.
- An Ohio woman found dead in her own home was apparently killed by her Great Danes.
- A miracle puppy that was found in a rural Australian backyard after possibly being dropped by a bird of prey has been discovered to be a purebred dingo.
- The one-ton "Wizard Rock" that seemingly evaporated into thin air has returned to the Arizona national forest where it was stolen. Someone had a guilty conscience.
- Prince Charles was caught up in a major $136 million fake art hoax.
- Airbnb has banned "party houses" after a shooting at a San Francisco house killed five people.
- A report says 691,000 Californians left the state last year.
- China has approved a seaweed-based drug to treat Alzheimer's Disease.
- NASA is sending a real oven into space to make cookies.
- Speaking of cookies, the driving app WAZE is now able to offer you directions in Cookie Monster's voice.
Post a Comment