THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- For those of you keeping score at home, the president tweeted 82 times on Sunday. A new personal best.
- Germany is celebrating the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall this week.
- Miley Cyrus is undergoing several weeks of silence after vocal chord surgery last weekend.
- After the great showing of Seattle in the MLS Championship on Sunday, there's now talk of it being one of 16 cities being considered to host an upcoming World Cup!
- The National Weather Service is saying this week's arctic blast could break over 300 low-temperature records.
- Celine Dion is back with her first English-language album in six years, "Courage."
- Kelsey Grammer confirms that a "Frasier" reboot is coming our way next summer.
- "The Crown" returns to Netflix this month. Claire Foy and Matt Smith are out -- Olivia Colman and Tobias Menzies are in.
- A guy is suing Madonna for changing the start time for her upcoming December 17 show in Miami. When he bought tickets, the start time was listed as 8:30pm. But now, they've announced a new start time of 10:30pm, which he says is too late for him. He's calling it a breach of contract.
- Apparently, the future of Old Navy is up in the air.
- Robert Norris, the original "Marlboro Man", died last week. He was 90 and didn't smoke. He spent 14 years in that role before leaving after he was told he was being a bad role model for children.
- The Miami Heat has suspended Dion Waiters for 10 games because of "conduct detrimental to the team." He smuggled some weed gummy candies on to the team plane.
- China has a shopping holiday called, "Singles Day"... pretty much like our Black Friday. This year, there were $31 billion in sales that day according to Alibaba, their version of Amazon.
- According to a new study, children without siblings are more likely to be obese.
- A man at Walt Disney World's Magic Kingdom was arrested and charged with battery after he allegedly groped a female park employee dressed as a Disney character.
- A fire broke out in the fields about the Warner Brothers studio lot on Saturday. Everyone was advised to evacuate the studio as a precaution. Clint Eastwood refused. It all ended well after he called the fire a punk.
- A Minnesota Arby's restaurant posted this sign: "Notice: Only well-behaved children who can keep their food on their trays and their bottoms on their seats are welcome. If you can't do this you will be asked to leave. Thanks!"
- A report says the median age for first time homebuyers is the oldest ever at 33.
- ABC's "Fresh Off The Boat" has been canceled after six seasons.
- A$AP Rocky is planning to return to Sweden five months after his arrest there for assault.
- Over the weekend, Utah beat Mississippi Valley State 143-49 in a Division I basketball game, a record 94-point win.
- A private equity group is said to be interested in buying Walgreens.
Post a Comment