ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Miranda Lambert Met New Husband Brendan McLoughlin 3 Days Before He Became a Dad. In what was quite possibly the busiest week of his life, Miranda Lambert's new husband, Brendan McLoughlin, met the country singer and welcomed a baby with another woman. Radar Online Opens a New Window. reported on Monday, February 18, that the New York Police Department officer, 27, was introduced to the country singer, 35, on November 2, 2018, on the set of Good Morning America, where she performed "Got My Name Changed Back" with her Pistol Annies bandmates, Ashley Monroe and Angaleena Presley, in addition to promoting their latest album, Interstate Gospel. Three days later, McLoughlin welcomed his first child, a son named Landon, with his ex Kaihla Rettinger. The Staten Island, New York, native is currently assigned to the NYPD's Midtown South Precinct, which serves the Times Square area where Good Morning America is filmed. Lambert and McLoughlin secretly dated for nearly three months before marrying on January 26. She announced the news of their low-key relationship and wedding on Saturday, February 16. "In honor of Valentine's Day I wanted to share some news. I met the love of my life. And we got hitched!" the two-time Grammy winner captioned two photos from their nuptials on Instagram. "My heart is full. Thank you Brendan Mcloughlin for loving me for... me. #theone." The newlyweds stepped out holding hands -- and showing off their wedding rings -- in the Big Apple later on Saturday. Lambert, who recently made headlines for an alleged altercation at a Nashville steakhouse, was previously married to Blake Shelton from 2011 to 2015. A source told Us on Sunday, February 17, that the Voice coach, 42, "was not given a heads-up" about Lambert and McLoughlin's wedding as the exes "have had almost zero contact" since their split. (UsMagazine)

Miranda Lambert's new hubby is NOT dropping his life in New York and hightailing it to Nashville -- quite the contrary, she'll be going to him and vice versa. Sources close to the newly-married couple tell us, Miranda and Brendan McLoughlin will be splitting their time between Nashville and NYC -- regularly going back and forth. She's got a sprawling 400-acre estate in Tennessee where her music career is based, and he's an NYPD cop. Considering Brendan's got a 9-5 gig on the force, it sounds like she'll be the one taking to the skies more often than him. However, we're told this travel arrangement will probably only hold up for about a year. We're told Brendan plans to be on the job for at least that long and will reassess after that. BTW ... he just got promoted to sergeant. Brendan's also got a new bundle of joy to consider. Our sources tell us he recently welcomed a kid from a previous relationship this past November, which is right around the time he met Miranda. They were first introduced on November 2 during her 'GMA' appearance. We're told Brendan was single when he got with Miranda. His baby momma learned she was pregnant after they'd broken up ... so there was no overlap. For now, we're told he's got 50/50 custody. Miranda announced her secret wedding this past weekend, saying she'd met the love of her life. They tied the knot late last month. (TMZ)

Halsey Shuts Down Pregnancy Rumors. Listen up, world: Halsey is not pregnant. The 24-year-old singer took to Twitter on Sunday to shut down speculation. The rumors started after the "Him & I" artist tweeted she had "the biggest secret" to reveal and that the news didn't relate to a new album. "When u guys hear it, some of you are gonna explode. Into actual pieces," she wrote. Soon, fans started to wonder if a baby was on the way; however, the "Bad at Love" star made it perfectly clear this was not the case. "People think my last tweet is me hinting I'm pregnant," she tweeted, "which means I'm either: a. gaining weight b. acting weirder than usual. Jokes on u, I'm doing BOTH! However, STILL not pregnant!" The recording artist added she was feeling "really good right now" aside from a sinus infection. However, she didn't reveal the big surprise. So, fans will just have to wait and see. It certainly has been a busy time for the two-time Grammy nominee. Her song "Without Me" is currently no. 1 on Billboard's Pop Songs chart. She also made headlines after she gave an emotional performance of the hit on Saturday Night Live. (Eonline)

Pete Davidson mysteriously cancels gig at the last minute. Pete Davidson fans were skeptical when the troubled comic pulled out of a stand-up show just a day before it was supposed to go on. The "Saturday Night Live" star was due to perform at a New Jersey theater at 7 p.m. Tuesday, and at 6 p.m. Monday, the theater contacted ticket holders to say the show had been canceled due to an "unforeseen conflict." Adding to the intrigue, the sold-out show was only announced on Friday. "WTF! The gig was just announced," said a comedy fan. "Maybe there was a conflict. Maybe not. But to postpone the gig 25 hours before showtime because of a conflict?" Davidson famously suffered a bad breakup with fiancee Ariana Grande and had to take time off from "SNL" after tweeting, "I really don't want to be on this earth anymore" in December. His rep didn't get back to us, and the theater was closed for the holiday. (PageSix)

Steve Harvey Clarifies Remarks to Mo'Nique After Backlash: "I Misspoke." Steve Harvey wants to clarify comments about money and integrity that he made to Mo'nique during a heated conversation on his talk show. The Oscar-winning actress and comedienne recently spoke to him on his talk show about being labeled as "difficult." Harvey, also a comedian, told her she did a "disservice" to herself with the way she handled her call for a boycott of Netflix, which she said offered her less money than other comics. He said, "When you tell the truth, you have to deal with the repercussions of the truth. We black out here. We can't come out here and do it any kind of way we want to. This is the money game. This ain't the black man's game, this ain't the white man's game. This is the money game. And you cannot sacrifice yourself. The best thing you can do for poor people is not be one of them." She then told Harvey, "Before the money game, it's called the integrity game and we've lost the integrity worrying about the money." He responded, "If I crumble, my children crumble, my grandchildren crumble. I cannot, for the sake of my integrity, stand up here and let everybody that's counting on me crumble so I can make a statement. There are ways to win the war in a different way." His comments had sparked a backlash online. "My only regret in the whole thing was I misspoke," Harvey told E! News at a Celebrity Family Feud event in Los Angeles. "In the heat of the discussion, I used the word 'integrity,' when really I was talking about the method in which she was going about things, and that's the only thing. I just want my young fans, the ones who look up to me, who consider me a role model in everything to know that I must misused the word 'integrity' in the wrong context." "I was really referring to what we had been talking about all day, was her method of going about things," he said. "That's the only thing, just for the young people out there, the fans of mine. 'Cause I've lived my life as a man of integrity, my work speaks...I think God wouldn't have me in this position if I wasn't doing some things right." In 2015, Mo'Nique headlines when she told the Hollywood Reporter that Lee Daniels, who directed her in Precious, had called her and told her she was "blackballed" after her 2010 Oscar win because she would not campaign for her award. Daniels denied this, saying he has nothing but love for her and would "for sure" work with her again. Since Precious was released, Mo'Nique appeared in a few films but has not acted onscreen since 2016. (Eonline)

Cardi B Slams Jussie Smollett Over Claims He Staged Attack. Cardi B had something to say about Jussie Smollett. The rapper did not mince words when she went live on Instagram to address her fans over the weekend and speak her mind. During the social media chat, the star brought up the Empire star, who has been the subject of headlines for the past month since he reported to Chicago police that he had been allegedly attacked by two men in late January. Weeks later, the Chicago police department's Chief Communications Officer Anthony Guglielmi told E! News in a statement on Saturday, "We can confirm that the information received from the individuals questioned by police earlier in the Empire case has in fact shifted the trajectory of the investigation. We've reached out to the Empire cast member's attorney to request a follow-up interview." He also tweeted, "While we are not in a position to confirm, deny or comment on the validity of what's been unofficially released, there are some developments in this investigation and detectives have some follow-ups to complete which include speaking to the individual who reported the incident." Meanwhile, citing a source familiar with the investigation, NBC News reported the investigation had shifted into whether Smollett paid two men to stage the alleged assault. The actor's attorneys rebuffed claims that he was involved, stating, "As a victim of a hate crime who has cooperated with the police investigation, Jussie Smollett is angered and devastated by recent reports that the perpetrators are individuals he is familiar with. He has now been further victimized by claims attributed to these alleged perpetrators that Jussie played a role in his own attack. Nothing is further from the truth and anyone claiming otherwise is lying." As the statement continued, "One of these purported suspects was Jussie's personal trainer who he hired to ready him physically for a music video. It is impossible to believe that this person could have played a role in the crime against Jussie or would falsely claim Jussie's complicity. Jussie and his attorneys anticipate being further updated by the Chicago Police Department on the status of the investigation and will continue to cooperate. At the present time, Jussie and his attorneys have no inclination to respond to 'unnamed' sources inside of the investigation but will continue discussions through official channels." Cardi did not hold back as she addressed the headlines. "I'm really disappointed in Jussie Smollett  whatever the f -- k his name is. I'm really disappointed in him," she said into the camera. "I feel like he f -- ked up Black History Month, bro. God d -- n." The rapper continued, "I'm not gonna say yet until he say it out his mouth that it was fake and this s--t was staged -- I don't want to completely blame him." The star speculated that Smollett could have been framed to look like a liar. "But, if he's not, then bro you f--ked up for real, like why would you do that? You ain't had to do that." After recalling her own alleged encounter with police, in which she claimed she was made to look like a liar, Cardi added, "I want to see what else. I want to see. I want to know because if he did that, he really f--ked up, bro, because it's February. You have so many people standing for you. Why would you do that, bro? Is attention that necessary for y'all nowadays?" (Eonline)

Harvey Weinstein's sexual assault trial rescheduled. Harvey Weinstein's hotly anticipated sex assault trial has been pushed back a month and is now slated to begin in June, The Post has learned. Justice James Burke and prosecutors agreed to the new Manhattan Supreme Court trial date of June 3 last week after attorneys for the disgraced producer requested additional time, sources said. Weinstein was in court last January with his new legal team, Jose Baez, Ronald Sullivan and Duncan Levin. They replaced high-powered criminal defense lawyer Ben Brafman, who withdrew from the case. The reasons for the delay weren't filed in public papers, but Baez and Sullivan are slated to start a 10-week trial Feb. 19 in Brooklyn federal court. The previous May 6 trial date was set before the new lawyers took on the case. Baez, Sullivan and Weinstein's spokesman, Juda Engelmayer, declined to comment. Weinstein's decision to hire Baez and Sullivan raised eyebrows, as they recently repped one of his most vocal accusers, actress Rose McGowan. The "Scream" star pleaded no contest to misdemeanor drug possession charges Jan. 14 in Virginia as part of a no-jail plea deal after she left cocaine inside a wallet on an airplane at Dulles International Airport. McGowan, who was one of the first women to publicly accuse Weinstein of sexual assault, claimed the producer had planted the drugs in 2017. Burke required Weinstein to waive the conflict of interest before he'd sign off on the new legal team. Weinstein faces up to life in prison on charges that he forcibly performed oral sex on production assistant Mimi Haleyi in 2006 and raped a longtime lover in a Manhattan hotel in 2013. He's due back in court March 8. (PageSix)

Grand jury seated in wake of new R. Kelly allegations. A grand jury has been convened in Illinois to hear evidence against R. Kelly, reports said Monday. This comes after a new video that allegedly shows the R&B singer sexually assaulting a 14-year-old girl was reportedly handed over to the Cook County State's Attorney's Office last weekend. Sources told CNN and TMZ a grand jury was seated in Cook County in connection with the new allegations against the Chicago-native. The embattled singer's lawyer said the reports were fake. "I am unaware of any 'special' grand jury being convened to look into R Kelly. There is no record of any such proceedings, and no need for them. The report is false," Steve Greenberg tweeted. "Grand jury proceedings are, by law, supposed to be secret, so to the extent people are commenting on what may or may not be going on today are possibly violating the law. Still, I can tell you that I am unaware of any proceedings," he added to CNN Monday. The State's Attorney's office didn't immediately respond to a request for comment. (PageSix)

Singer and actress Charo's husband of more than 40 years is dead from a self-inflicted gunshot wound ... TMZ has learned. Kjell Rasten shot himself Monday afternoon around 2 PM in the Beverly Hills home where he and '70s icon Charo lived ... according to law enforcement sources. We're told Charo was home at the time and someone in the house called 911. Police and paramedics responded, and Rasten was transported to a hospital, but they were unable to save him. We're told he was pronounced dead at the hospital. Rasten was a TV producer in the '70s and '80s. He and Charo married in 1978 and had one child together ... actor and producer Shel Rasten. Charo and Kjell, along with their son, appeared on a 2015 episode of the ABC show, "Celebrity Wife Swap." They swapped with Charo's old "Love Boat" co-star, Jill Whelan. Kjell was 79 years old. RIP. (TMZ)

Sean Milliken -- who starred on TLC's "My 600-lb Life" -- is dead ... TMZ has confirmed. His father, Matt, announced the sad news on Facebook ... saying Sean passed away Sunday in a hospital due to complications from an infection. He added, "Sunday he was having problems with his breathing, they were able to resuscitate him and a short time later his heart stopped." Sean, who reached a weight as high as 900 pounds, was on the show for only one episode in 2016. He became bedridden during his senior year of high school -- when he was already at least 400 lbs. -- after suffering a debilitating leg injury. The same year he appeared on the reality show, he told People he was planning on moving to Houston to see if he could qualify for weight loss surgery. He reportedly lived on his own in Texas prior to his death, but it's unclear if he ever went under the knife. Sean was 29. RIP. (TMZ)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Show 2-5pm Today Arizona Time - Music To Grill By

Born On This Day...

Timetraxx - with your host Keith Anderson Monday, and Friday at 12 noon & 10pm Arizona Timezone