THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- It looks like that Elton John biopic, "Rocketman" is going to debut at the Cannes International Film Festival, which kicks off May 14.
- Sara Gilbert is walking away from "The Talk." The longtime co-host and creator of the CBS daytime talk show announced Tuesday that she will leave following the current season.
- Baltimore Orioles first baseman Chris Davis entered the Major League Baseball record books on Monday night yet again after his 0-for-5 performance against the Oakland Athletics pushed his hitless streak to 49 at-bats, setting the longest such streak ever recorded in baseball history.
- Aerosmith's residency at the Park Theater at the Park MGM in Las Vegas is officially off and running.
- Golf's holy days of The Masters begin tomorrow at the Augusta National Golf Course.
- London researchers asked a bunch of people what were the happiest years of their lives. There were two years that were really happy for people. When they were 23 and then again, at age 69.
- Eight months after John McCain passed away at age 81 from stage four brain cancer, his Chesapeake Bay retriever, Burma, has died.
- A "spaceplane" that flies 25 times faster than the speed of sound has passed a testing milestone. If and when this thing gets flying, it would mean a trip from New York to London would take one hour.
- Meanwhile, Amazon is researching satellites that would beam WIFI to 95% of the world.
- A celebration of life will be held for Nipsey Hustle tomorrow at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
- Bobby Bones filled in for Ryan Seacrest on "American Idol" Monday night, the first time Ryan ever missed an episode. He was sick when it was taped a couple of weeks ago and so Bobby had to fill in for that one episode.
- Wal-Mart is heading down the path of having robot janitors clean their stores at night.
- In Touch magazine has become the first mainstream publication to cover a rumor that Prince William had an affair with his aristocratic neighbor, Rose Hanbury, also known as the Marchioness of Cholmondeley (pronounced Chumley), while his wife was pregnant with their third child.
Post a Comment