THE OTHER STUFF . . .

New York News Anchor Rob Nelson Announces He's Stepping Down as Fatherhood 'Shifted My Perspective'. "After much discussion and reflection, I've decided to leave Eyewitness News," Rob Nelson announced Monday. News anchor and reporter Rob Nelson has decided to step away from ABC 7 in New York, saying that the birth of his son has "shifted" his perspective. The weekend news anchor shared his letter announcing his resignation to his co-workers on social media on Monday, in the letter explaining that it "feels like the right time" to move on from his current position. "For months leading up to Gabe's birth, Jenny and I heard two bits of advice most often from parents," Nelson wrote. "Sleep now, they said, and just know your life is about to change forever. Almost four months into this incredible journey, we now understand how profoundly insightful that advice was. Life has indeed changed." "After much discussion and reflection, I've decided to leave Eyewitness News. Becoming a father has shifted my perspective and priorities, and now feels like the right time to move on after six years with the station and nearly a decade with ABC," he continued. "I simply want something different now, and I'm excited to pursue multiple opportunities that have emerged in recent months." Nelson said that he will step down as the station's weekend morning anchor right away. However, after he returns from parental leave in March he will then continue to work as a reporter until April 10. "To all of the weekend morning warriors I've had the pleasure of working with, thank you for everything," he said. "I am enormously proud of what we accomplished together as well as the chemistry and camaraderie we built that made weekend mornings unarguably special." "I wish you and the show continued success," he said in the letter. "And, here's one more for the road: 'Roll it!'" Nelson also made it clear that he looks forward in his final weeks with the station to saying farewell to his co-workers in person. "It has been one of the most moving experiences of my life to bring my son into the world surrounded by such thoughtfulness, compassion and heartfelt humanity," he said, adding that although New York is a "tough city and a tough market," he believes that "the connection and resonance we have with viewers are the purest, most telling, most enduring and most meaningful measures of success in this business." Nelson concluded on a heartfelt note. "You can only hope for a few things during a decision like this: that you depart with good memories, good friends and god work," he wrote. "I feel blessed to be leaving with all three." "And now, onward and upward," he concluded. Nelson first announced that he and his partner Jenny Hurwitz were expecting in October, and the following month shared a photo of his baby boy, Gabe. "Of the many reasons to be thankful this year, this little guy tops the list," he wrote on Instagram in November. "Thankful, honored and humbled to be a new father to this beautiful, healthy baby boy (and his insane amount of hair!! Lol) Welcome to the world, Gabe. We love you, son." Last month, he shared a photo of little Gabe accompanying him on the New York subway. "It's official: I'm raising a New Yorker," he wrote, adding, "#baby'sfirstsubwayride." (People)

Kobe Bryant was purple and gold as a 13-year-old -- signing his middle school friend's yearbook with "How bout those Lakers" -- and now the book can be yours. Iconic Auctions has the super-unique piece of memorabilia on the auction block ... and it's pretty amazing. In 1992, Kobe -- who just returned to the U.S. from Italy -- attended Bala Cynwyd Middle School in Pennsylvania ... where he played on the basketball team. Bryant arrived midway through the school year, so he didn't have a standard school photo. He only appeared in the boys' basketball team photo. When yearbooks were issued, Kobe's buddy asked him to sign the autograph page ... and what Mamba wrote was pretty prophetic. "In a few years you probably will be dunking on me. Not!! How bout those Lakers. Your friend Kobe Bryant #24" Kobe was just 13 years old in 1992 ... and wasn't a member of the Los Angeles Lakers (or the NBA) until June 1996. Of course, Bryant -- even back then -- wore (and signed) one of the numbers, #24, that would eventually hang forever in the rafters of Staples Center. Iconic tells us they expect the yearbook to sell for over $20k ... when the auction closes this weekend. (TMZ)

Kaitlynn Carter is continuing to stay on good terms with ex Brody Jenner. On Monday, the Hills: New Beginnings star, 31, shared a video on her Instagram Stories from her flight with Jenner, 36, as they flew home from Bali after attending a mutual friend's wedding. In the video, the two -- who married on Sumba Island off the coast of Indonesia in 2018 -- wear face masks as they sit next to one another on the plane. Carter can be seen covering her nose and mouth with disposable mask, while Jenner appears to be wearing a face mask with a respirator attached. "Well, one of us is going to survive the Coronavirus and it's probably not me in my flimsy mask," Carter says in the clip as she pans over to Jenner, who is seated by the window. The fashion influencer also posted a poll alongside the video, jokingly asking followers: "Death by... Coronavirus or Brody." "will we make it to LA alive?" she captioned, tagging Jenner. This was not the first time the friendly exes spent time together this year. In January, Carter shared an Instagram Story video of herself hanging out with Jenner, hours before she went to dinner with Jenner's mother Linda Thompson that same evening. "@brodyjenner single and chic!!" Carter captioned the clip of her and Jenner hanging outside. In response to her filming, Jenner jokingly gave her the middle finger. Later that day, the Foray Collective founder shared an Instagram photo of herself out to dinner with Thompson, 69, and friend Alexandra Amodio at Nobu Malibu during a "staycation" in the California city. Jenner did not appear to be in attendance at the dinner. "Feelin' super lucky to be part of this modern fam ??," she captioned the post. Carter and Jenner announced their split on Aug. 2, just over a year after their intimate Indonesian wedding. Last November, Carter defended her brief marriage to Jenner in a first-person essay written for Elle, saying that their relationship was "very real" despite not being legally binding. "The legitimacy of that marriage has become a matter of public debate, but for he and I, it was very real," she wrote. "He was quite possibly the most beautiful man on the planet, with a heart of gold and a tireless sense of adventure. I was drawn to his spirit." "He became my best friend, and together we had all the fun the world had to offer. Eventually though, after years of constant 'excitement,' we found we'd done as much growing apart as we'd done growing up," she continued. "I began to spend a lot of time traveling on my own or with friends, quietly mourning what I knew in my heart would soon be the end of my marriage." At the time of their split, Carter and Jenner's reps told PEOPLE the two had "decided to amicably separate," adding that they "love and respect one another, and know that this is the best decision for their relationship moving forward." A source also told PEOPLE at the time that the two had been having "issues for years" and that shooting The Hills reboot was "not good for them." Following the split, Jenner dated model Josie Canseco for three months. Meanwhile, Carter entered a whirlwind romance with Miley Cyrus -- who had separated from Liam Hemsworth -- while the two were vacationing abroad last summer. A source told PEOPLE in September that the two had parted ways. (People)

Meghan Markle's dad is pissed at the way she's treating Queen Elizabeth, and the entire Royal Family, but he isn't surprised -- in fact, he claims it's just her MO. Thomas Markle was out Monday at an Office Depot in Rosarito, Mexico, when he was asked if his daughter has the right to use the term "royal" as part of her brand. He unloaded on Meghan and Prince Harry, for that matter, flat-out saying they "don't have a right to speak to the Queen the way they've spoken to her." He was clearly referring to Harry and Meg's claim the Queen has no ownership of the word "royal" ... after she blocked them from using it in their Sussex Royal brand. Pops Markle didn't stop there ... he went on to say Meghan's disrespecting the British people as a whole, and then got very personal. You gotta see it, because it's clear there's a ton of bad blood over how he feels Meghan's treated him, her mother and, yes ... the Windsors. As we reported, Thomas said he will NOT stop making money off his, albeit strained, relationship with Meghan and his connection to the Royal Family. It's pretty clear he's on the Queen's side post-Megxit but this is about as raw Thomas has ever been. So much for that whole blood thicker than water stuff. Not so much in Markle clan. (TMZ)

Harvey Weinstein Hospitalized Hours After Conviction in Rape Case. Harvey Weinstein is currently receiving medical treatment at a New York City hospital, E! News can confirm. Variety reports that former film producer, who was found guilty on two of the five charges against him on Monday, was en route to jail on Rikers Island when he began complaining of chest pains. Weinstein was then admitted to Bellevue Hospital, which has its own prison ward for inmates. A jury of seven men and five women found Weinstein, 67, guilty on two counts, rape in the third degree and criminal sexual act in the first degree. He was found not guilty on two counts of predatory sexual assault and one count of rape in the first degree. Weinstein, who was previously out on bond, will remain in jail until his sentencing on March 11. His attorney, Donna Rotunno, called the conviction "bittersweet." Per The Hollywood Reporter, Rotunno told reporters outside the courthouse that Weinstein's legal team would "absolutely be appealing" the verdict. "Harvey is very strong," she said. "Harvey is unbelievably strong. He took it like a man. He knows that we will continue to fight for him and knows that this is not over." She also recalled, "All he kept saying over and over again was, 'I'm innocent. I'm innocent. How could this happen in America? I'm innocent. I'm innocent." The Time's Up organization and several other celebrities also spoke out publicly regarding the verdict. "This trial -- and the jury's decision today -- marks a new era of justice, not just for the Silence Breakers, who spoke out at great personal risk, but for all survivors of harassment, abuse, and assault at work," Tina Tchen, president and CEO of the TIME'S UP Foundation, said in a statement. Weinstein faces up to 25 years in prison. He still faces four sexual assault charges in Los Angeles. (Eonline)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cave Fest 2020

Born On This Day...

Live Show 2-5pm Today Arizona Time - Music To Grill By