JAM WITH ME
Traffic jams delay family reunions and frazzle commuters. According to a recent Urban Mobility Report, we spend 4.2 billion hours sitting in traffic each year, burning through the equivalent of 370,000 tanker trucks of fuel. A men's magazine polled male readers to get the answers to these questions:
- 53% of men said traffic is not a major stressor in their life.
- 47% of men said traffic is a major stressor in their life.
- 34% of men spend 30 to 60 minutes a day commuting.
- 27% of men spend 0 to 30 minutes a day commuting.
- 26% of men spend more than 1 and a half hours a day commuting.
- 13% of men spend 1 to 1 and a half hours a day commuting.
- 84% said they do not carpool to work.
- 71% said commuting with their significant other would not improve their relationship.
- 76% say the root cause of congestion is drivers.
- 78% say they would support legislation that encouraged employers to vary work schedules like weekend workdays and 4 day work weeks, to ease congestion.
- 56% of men do not think road construction projects designed to improve traffic flow ever work.
- 70% of men said they never get impatient and try to jump ahead in long lines of traffic.
- 68% of men said they think "line cutters" are thoughtless, selfish jerks.
- 52% said distracted drivers pose the greatest threat on the road.
- 25% said divers under the influence pose the greatest threat on the road.
- 65% said they have never been a victim of road rage.
- 56% of men said they'd been in one or two traffic accidents.
- 22% of men said they'd been in no traffic accidents.
- 22% of men said they'd been in more than three traffic accidents.
- 71% of men said they rarely use public transportation.
- 41% of men said if gas prices doubled permanently tomorrow, they'd deal with it.
- 41% of men said if gas prices doubled permanently tomorrow, they'd drive less.
- 86% of men said they would prefer to travel by high speed rail if the prices were reasonable.
- 24% said driving too slowly
- 19% said chatting on the phone
- 15% said tailgating
- 13% said not letting me merge
- 12% said swerving between lanes
- 8% said texting
- 3% said applying makeup
- 2% said driving too fast
- 2% said reading
- 2% said driving outside the lanes
Post a Comment