FIVE THINGS YOUR AUTO MECHANIC WON'T TELL YOU
- Always request an estimate.
- Your work order should also clearly state a guarantee on the work. If not, ask the shop what type of guarantee is provided on both workmanship and parts.
- If the mechanic is replacing something on your vehicle, ask for your old parts back.
- You should always study your bill for doubled labor charges. If you're getting a new water pump and you replace the timing belt at the same time, there's no additional labor to do the timing belt just the additional cost of the parts.
- Don't replace your tires until you do your own tread test. Do a simple penny test. Find the wear bar on the tire and insert the penny in the tread. The less you see of Lincoln's head the better the tread.