ENTERTAINMENT NEWS

Jenny Slate Announces Engagement to "Kindest" Boyfriend Ben Shattuck. Jenny Slate is a bride-to-be! The actress-comedienne announced her engagement to boyfriend Ben Shattuck on Monday via Instagram. Sharing a plethora of photos from the future newlyweds' recent trip to Europe, Slate revealed her artist-writer beau surprised her by popping the question in France. "He took me to France and made a picnic and made me feel happy and free and then he asked me to marry him and i screamed YES," the 37-year-old Parks and Recreation alum shared. "I love you @benshattuck_art, you are the kindest and brightest and I am so grateful and here we go and keep going." In one snapshot capturing Jenny's post-engagement bliss, she's wearing what looks like a vintage-inspired ring with a dark stone in the middle and a gold band. The couple first went public with their relationship while attending the Sundance Film Festival in early 2019. Ben shared even more details from their romantic proposal, writing on Instagram, "In an abandoned castle in southern France, I asked this woman to marry me. Here she is in front of a door the color of her soul. In LA / MA / Holland / Belgium / France thank you @jennyslate and UP UP UP to more adventures." Prior to finding her happily ever after, Jenny dated her Gifted co-star Chris Evans for nearly two years. The stars officially called it quits in 2018, but had broken up and gotten back together once before in 2017. A source close to the Captain America star told E! News, "It wasn't dramatic or anything like that." In fact, Slate had nothing but nice things to say about her ex (who she described as "one of the kindest people I've ever met") in an interview with Vulture. As she described at the time, "He has beautiful, big, strong emotions, and he's really sure of them. It's just wonderful to be around. His heart is probably golden-colored, if you could paint it." Congratulations to the happy couple! (Eonline)

Mac Miller's Dad Breaks Silence on Arrest Made in Connection With Rapper's Death. Mac Miller's father, Mark McCormick, attended a celebration of life event for his late son at Pittsburg's Blue Side Park this weekend, where he spoke about prosecutors charging a man in connection with the rapper's death. "So they finally caught the motherf--ker that sold him the drugs that killed him," he said, per a video captured by a fan account. "And we find some comfort in that. And many of us were young, including me, experimented with drugs. But it's a different f--king world out there, and all it takes is a stone -- a little tiny stone of fentanyl and cocaine -- and you're dead. Drugs are being laced with fentanyl -- all kinds of drugs. And the one thing I would say to you is: Don't take the risk. It's just not worth it." A Hollywood Hills man named Cameron James Pettit was arrested last week on federal charges alleging he sold counterfeit pharmaceutical narcotics containing fentanyl to Miller two days before the "Self Care" star died of a drug overdose. The artist died Sept. 7, 2018, and the Los Angeles County Medical Examiner later determined Miller died of mixed drug toxicity involving fentanyl, cocaine and alcohol. According to communications shared in an affidavit supporting a criminal complaint, Pettit agreed to supply Miller with 30 milligrams oxycodone pills, as well as cocaine and Xanax. However, he allegedly sold Miller counterfeit oxycodone pills that contained fentanyl. Per the affidavit, Pettit sent a friend a message that read "Most likely I will die in jail" just hours after news of Miller's death broke. Pettit, who was ordered to be held without bond, is due for arraignment in October. In addition to commenting on the arrest, McCormick spoke highly of his son. "He remained loyalest to his friends that helped him on his way," McCormick said, per a video captured by CBS Pittsburgh's KDKA. "He was always loving and kind to others." Several people attended the gathering, where they celebrated Miller's life by listening to his music and sharing various forms of artistic expression. (Eonline)

Joe Giudice is tired of being kept behind bars and feels the least the judge can do is let him out to see his family ... especially if he's going to get deported soon anyway. Sources close to Teresa's husband tell TMZ ... he'll have a bond hearing Wednesday morning in a Pennsylvania immigration court to decide whether he can be released from ICE custody while he's appealing his deportation case. We're told Joe's extended family will be attending along with Teresa, but not his kids. Joe won't physically be in the courtroom, as he's being held some hours away at the Clinton County Correctional Facility ... but he'll appear by video. Our sources say the former 'Real Housewives of New Jersey' star is extremely homesick and believes he's getting a raw deal ... remaining behind bars. Joe went to prison in March 2016 and has been detained ever since, even after serving his 41-month sentence for conspiracy to commit wire and bankruptcy fraud. As we reported ... he was released from federal prison in March but was immediately transferred to ICE custody, because a judge ordered him to be deported to his native Italy once he got out. However, Giudice appealed that decision and lost, but appealed again to a higher court ... which is where the case stands now. We're told Joe just wants to be able to return home to New Jersey while he waits for a final ruling. The Giudice family attorney, James Leonard Jr., tells us ... "What is happening to Joe Giudice and to his family and thousands of other families regarding these draconian immigration laws is nothing short of inhumane." He adds ... "We are praying for some sort of relief tomorrow from the Court. This family has paid their debt to society and then some. Enough is enough." We'll see if the judge agrees. (TMZ)

Kevin Hart's 1970 Plymouth Barracuda will be stripped down to nuts, bolts and metal pieces ... courtesy of the California Highway Patrol, and what the CHP finds could result in new car safety laws. Our CHP sources tell us its protocol is often to dissemble cars involved in either fatal or major injuries to determine the cause of the crash. It's a 3-week process ... a week taking the car apart and 2-3 weeks evaluating the evidence and writing a report. Our law enforcement sources say ... the end result may be a recommendation by the CHP to the state legislature to require that car companies that customize and restore classic cars must install safety harnesses, even if it deviates from the original vehicle. In Kevin's case, the Barracuda is a 1970, when harnesses were not required. As one CHP source told us, even if there were mechanical problems with the car that caused the crash, a safety harness could have prevented or minimized the serious back injuries Kevin and the driver suffered. We're told the CHP DOES care if the car wasn't restored properly. The CHP has actually pushed legislation over salvaged cars that are unsafely restored ... and now those cars must be inspected by the Dept. The CHP has offices in the state capitol in Sacramento and dept. officials work closely with legislators to push vehicle safety laws. We're told Kevin's crash, along with other similar crashes involving classic cars, may mean in the future ... every one of these cars must be outfitted with a harness that could prevent major injury and death. (TMZ)

Kylie Jenner had an intruder prowling around her property Monday, and the guy wasn't finished with the family because he beelined it over to Kim and Kanye's house. TMZ has obtained this surveillance video shot from Kylie's security cam at one of her Hidden Hills homes. It shows the prowler around 5 AM rooting around the BBQ area -- possibly looking for a hidden key. The guy apparently didn't find what he was looking for and bailed, without attempting to break inside. Our sources tell us the guy went straight to Kim and Kanye's nearby home and somehow got inside their mailbox, located outside the residence. He didn't get far, because security eyed him and the guy beat a hasty retreat. Our sources say someone from Kylie's team saw the surveillance vid and called the cops. Mind you ... Kylie, Kim and Kanye all live in a gated community, yet somehow this dude -- and others before him -- was able to make it into Kylie's backyard and the entrance to Kim and Kanye's home. Police have stepped up patrol in the area, but the bigger question ... what's going on with security for the gated community? As we reported, Kris Jenner and Scott Disick also had intruders who made their way into the gated community. Kendall Jenner also had an intruder scale the mountainside in her gated community and ended up in her backyard and a second time on her porch. BTW ... Kylie's home is the one she rented to Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna back in 2016. (TMZ)

'Love & Hip Hop' star Teairra Mari pled guilty in her DWI case in New York ... TMZ has learned. Teairra entered a guilty plea Monday to one count of operating a motor vehicle while under the influence ... and she's avoiding time behind bars, at least for now. According to the Queens District Attorney's Office ... Mari has been ordered to complete several DWI-related courses -- including a victim impact panel and an impaired driver program -- and she must install an ignition interlock device in her car, which will remain in place for the next year. Teairra's license is also suspended for 6 months, and if she fails to comply with the terms of her sentence, we're told she could face up to a year behind bars. We broke the story ... NYPD busted Mari for DWI back in June, pulling her over after an officer observed her Dodge Charger was missing a front wheel as she drove out of the Midtown Tunnell. Police say she reeked of booze, and her bumper was dragging on the ground, with sparks flying all around her car. It's not her first brush with the law ... she was convicted of DUI way back in 2011 in Los Angeles. (TMZ)

British Child Star Mya-Lecia Naylor Killed Herself, Coroner Rules. A coroner reportedly concluded that the teenager was killed "by misadventure" and did not intend to end her own life. British child star Mya-Lecia Naylor's cause of death has been revealed. The actress, who got her start as a toddler on the British sitcom Absolutely Fabulous, died in April at the age of 16. On Monday, the South London Coroner's Office ruled that Naylor was killed "by misadventure," according to BBC News and The Guardian. South London assistant coroner Toby Watkin reportedly concluded that Naylor, who died by hanging, did not intend to end her own life. "Death by misadventure" is a ruling unique to the United Kingdom. According to Explore Forensics, "this means that the victim has died by accident either whilst doing something they should not have been doing or by taking risks that would put them in mortal danger." PEOPLE has reached out to the South London Coroner's Office for further comment. According to the reports, emergency services were called to Naylor's home in south London at around 10 a.m. on April 7 in response to a teenage girl in cardiac arrest. Ninety minutes later, she was reportedly pronounced dead at Croydon University Hospital. BBC News reports that her father said he had seen her two hours before she was found and felt it was "a spur of the moment" act and she had not intended to kill herself. He reportedly told the South London Coroner's Court, "I honestly believe she was just making some sort of point." "I genuinely believe she did not mean to do it. ... She clearly had plans for the future," he continued, according to The Guardian. He added that she "had not been her normal self ... she was stressed about her exams. She knew she needed to get on with her revision and she had plans scheduled out for her revision." Naylor, who had no alcohol or drugs in her system, reportedly spent the evening before her death watching a movie with her family. Searches of Taylor's devices and social media accounts reportedly did not present anything suspicious. The actress was best known for appearing on two teen-oriented shows on the BBC network: Millie Inbetween and Almost Never. In a statement issued April 17, the network confirmed her death. "We are so sorry to have to tell you that Mya-Lecia, who you will know from 'Millie Inbetween' and 'Almost Never' has, very sadly, died," read the statement. "Mya-Lecia was a much-loved part of the BBC Children's family, and a hugely talented actress, singer and dancer. We will miss her enormously and we are sure that you will want to join us in sending all our love to her family and friends." "We know this news is very upsetting, and it may help to share how you are feeling with friends or a trusted adult," the statement continued. (People)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Show 2-5pm Today Arizona Time - Music To Grill By

Born On This Day...

Music Beat - with your host Keith Anderson Monday, and Friday at 12 noon & 10pm Arizona Timezone