SKILLS EVERY EMPLOYER IS SEEKING
- The top five skills every employer is seeking:
- Work well in teams, especially with people different from yourself
- Understand the global context in which work is done
- Solve problems in creative and innovative ways
- Be flexible and comfortable with ambiguity
- Write, speak and present well
Here's the gotcha: You must do more than simply say you can solve problems in creative and innovative ways. You need to show how you did just that in a previous job or college setting. "Employers are looking for people who can learn and contribute quickly in a rapidly changing workplace," advises Mercy Eyadiel, executive director of employer relations at Wake Forest University.