THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Purdue Pharma, the makers of Oxycontin, have filed for bankruptcy.
- The United Auto Workers went on strike against General Motors Sunday night at midnight. First time since 2007.
- Meanwhile, teachers in Chicago are getting closer and closer to going out on strike.
- Comedian Shane Gillis was a member of "Saturday Night Live" for four days, but when videos surfaced of him saying things that were quite racist, he was fired.
- A great-grandmother is believed to be the oldest woman in the UK to get a tattoo after getting inked up for the first time at the grand age of 94.
- And now, a second woman has come forward making accusations about Antonio Brown, who is now with the Patriots.
- Netflix lands a deal for "Seinfeld" global rights to all 180 episodes beginning in 2021.
- At the Creative Arts Emmys held Saturday night, Norman Lear became the oldest person to ever receive an Emmy Award at age 97. The big, Prime Time show is this Sunday night on FOX.
- We're told by people who keep track of such things that the men's suits industry is booming right now.
- J.K. Rowling has donated $19 million to research on multiple sclerosis. Her mom died from complications of the disease when she was only 45.
- Wal-Mart's first car seat recycling program is underway, where you bring in an old baby car seat and they'll give you a $30 gift card. It's their effort to help keep them out of landfills.
- A man in Delaware finally won the state lottery, and will receive $25,000 a year for life. He was playing the same numbers every week for the past 20 years.
- Liam Hemsworth was said to have been blind-sided by the announcement that he and Miley Cyrus had separated. He found out about it on social media.
- "Dancing With the Stars" contestant Christie Brinkley broke her arm in rehearsals and is out... but her daughter will fill her spot on the show.
- You heard about the world's oldest parents last week-a 74-year-old woman in India gave birth to twins, thanks to in-vitro. A week later, the mom remains in intensive care, while the 78-year-old husband had a heart attack the day after the births and he's also in intensive care.
- A court has thrown out a five cent "forever stamp" price hike.
- 55% of Americans own shares of stock.
- A Tennessee baby born on 9/11 at 9:11 weighed in at 9 lbs., 11 oz.
- A study says 54,000 people in the Seattle area spend 90 minutes or longer getting to work.
- David Foster has announced another concert tour after the first of the year - and this time, the 18-time Grammy winning is bringing along his recent bride Katharine McPhee Foster.
- Rod Stewart has revealed he has successfully been treated for prostate cancer after fighting the disease for three years.
- NASCAR great Michael Stefanik was killed Sunday while piloting a single-seat plane that crashed in Connecticut. He was 61.
- The Montana Highway Patrol awarded a grandmother with the unofficial title of "honorary state trooper" after she has attempted to slow down speeders in her neighborhood using a hair dryer.
- In case you missed it, Ric Ocasek, the songwriter, rhythm guitarist and lead singer for the Cars, was found dead on Sunday afternoon at his townhouse in Manhattan. He was 75.
Post a Comment