I HATE MY JOB
The top 10 facts the study found to which bosses should pay attention -- or else:
1. Only 36 percent of working U.S. adults are happy at their job.
2. Fully 65 percent say a better boss would make them happier in the workplace, compared with 35 percent who would choose a raise to put a smile on their face.
3. Nearly one-third (31 percent) of employees polled feel uninspired and unappreciated by their boss, and close to 15 percent feel downright miserable, bored and lonely.
4. Only 38 percent of those polled describe their boss as "great," with 42 percent saying their boss doesn't work very hard and close to 20 percent saying their boss has little or no integrity.
5. Close to 60 percent of Americans say they would do a better job if they got along better with their boss.
6. Close to 70 percent of those polled said they would be happier at work if they got along better with their boss, with the breakdown equal among men and women. However, younger workers in their 20s and 30s skewed even higher at 80 percent.
7. Over half (55 percent) of those polled, think they would be more successful in their career if they got along better with their boss, with 58 percent in managerial and professional careers saying so and 53 percent in service and manual labor positions feeling that way.
8. In terms of the impact a boss has on employee health, 73 percent of those in their 20s and 30s said their health is at stake, while only 40 percent of those 50 and older felt that way.
9. When stress levels rise at work, a disturbing 47 percent say their boss does not stay calm and in control.
10. Only 38 percent think their boss deserves thanks for a job well done.