THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Beyonce's song from "The Lion King," "Spirit" isn't happening. It topped out at number 3 on the iTunes chart and is now at 66. It's not on any Spotify streaming charts. On AppleMusic, "Spirit" isn't on the USA top 50. It appears at number 92 on the Global Streaming chart for Apple Music.
- Instagram is tweaking their program, starting in Australia. When the new platform takes over, you'll be able to see how many likes your photos have gotten, but not everybody else's. The idea is to create a "less pressurized environment where people feel comfortable expressing themselves."
- The Atlantic League recently installed robot umpires as part of a three-year agreement with Major League Baseball. A coach was ejected from the game after just one inning for arguing about the robot ump's strike zone.
- 135,000 are in San Diego this weekend for Comic-Con International, which launched on Wednesday night.
- In Buena Park, California, a dog was attacked in his owner's home after a coyote went into the house through the dog door.
- Some DirectTV customers could lose their CBS stations tomorrow if an agreement is not reached tonight.
- UberCopter service has begun in New York from Manhattan to JFK.
- Joe Biden challenged Donald Trump to a pushup contest.
- Hossein Ensan won the $10 million first prize at the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas.
- 27% of heads of broadband households 65 and older consider home security devices and services as must-have features for their ideal independent living system.
- OK, this is weird. Wasp spray is now being used as a meth alternative in West Virginia. 3 overdoses so far.
- Washington state is considering replacing its state gas tax with a per mile tax-the more you drive, the more you pay.
- HBO Max, the new streaming service from WarnerMedia launching in 2020, has given a direct-to-series order for a "Gossip Girl" reboot.
- Valerie Harper's family has launched a GoFundMe campaign to help pay for her cancer treatments.
- You gotta love Bud Light's ad agency. They're now offering free Bud Light to any alien that sneaks out of Area 51.
- OK, the University of California at Berkley is going non-gender in everything they do on campus. Among the changes, the words "manpower" and "manhole" will become "workforce" and "maintenance hole."
Post a Comment