THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- A new study suggests that eating a spicy diet could actually lead to dementia. According to the study, older adults over the age of 55 who consumed more than 50 grams of chili per day displayed nearly double the risk of developing poor cognition and a decline in overall memory.
- Chelsea Clinton gave birth to her third child on Monday, Bill and Hillary's third grandchild, Jasper Clinton Mezvinsky. All are well.
- The world's oldest cashew tree is in Brazil, 140-years-old and bigger than a football field.
- On Monday, the CEO of GNC, Ken Martindale told investors that the company plans to close roughly 900 locations by the end of 2020.
- The upcoming season of "Bachelor in Paradise" will include a same-sex romance, a first for the ABC dating show franchise.
- Harvard researchers are advising millions of people who take aspirin every day to prevent heart attacks to stop their daily use.
- Quarterback Mark Sanchez is putting away his helmet and heading to ABC/ESPN to be a college football analyst.
- A parade permit has been filed in Modesto, California, for a "Straight Pride Parade" in August.
- When it comes to crying, holding back your tears may actually be detrimental to your health. According to a new study from the University of Queensland, a good cry can actually help you feel less stressed.
- Today is Robert Mueller Day in congress.
- A six-year-old boy who has been dubbed the 'Chechen Schwarzenegger' has set two world records after doing 4,618 press-ups in a row.
- A 9,000-year-old Neolithic settlement is unearthed outside Jerusalem, according to details released by the Israel Antiquities Authority.
- Workers removing shelves and coolers from a former No Frills Supermarket in Council Bluffs, Iowa, in January discovered a body behind one of them. The remains turned out to be those of Larry Ely Murillo-Moncada, a former employee who had been reported missing ten years ago.
- House Wine and Kellogg are partnering to sell a wine-and-Cheez-It box - that's a box of red wine and box of Cheez-Its.
- The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale is underway, through August 4th.
- Impossible Foods, the plant-based protein company that had been struggling to meet demand, is no longer facing a shortage. Impossible on Monday sent a letter to its distributors, which sell the product to restaurants, announcing that a cap on ordering has been lifted.
Post a Comment