Music News

Beyonce is candidly revealing how much she weighed ahead of her 2018 Coachella performance before going on a strict plant-based diet called 22 Days Nutrition. In an intimate YouTube video shared on Wednesday, Beyonce, 37, documented her strenuous fitness journey. "Good morning, it's 5 a.m., and this is day one of rehearsals for Coachella," the singer says as she steps on a scale in the beginning of the clip. "Every woman's nightmare... this is my weight, 175. Long way to go," she shares. The superstar singer had initially planned to take the Coachella stage in 2017, but then she "unexpectedly" became pregnant with twins Rumi and Sir, now 25 months old, and had to wait a year. So as she prepped for her headlining performance in April 2018, Beyonce, who said she was 218 lbs. the day the twins were born, was determined to lose some weight. "I'm back on the stage after giving birth to twins. I was a woman that felt like my body was not mine," Beyonce narrates in the video. The video then transitions to show Beyonce at practice as exercise physiologist Marco Borges and founder of 22 Days Nutrition says, "We're going to go 100% plant-based from now through Coachella." She has teamed up with Borges to offer fans special access to the 22 Days Meal Planner. The meal plan includes a fresh, organic menu that offers recipes like cauliflower soup, Thai-inspired salad as well as protein breakfast bars and smoothies. "We know the power of vegetables," Borges says in the clip. "Plant-based is really about eliminating all of the overly processed foods that don't do us any good anyways. When you're eating plant-based you will definitely have more energy." While Beyonce was determined to get into shape, the process was not easy. The clip shows the singer working out constantly with Borges, eating only vegetables, learning choreography for her show -- all while juggling being a mother to her children Rumi, Sir and 7-year-old daughter Blue Ivy with husband JAY-Z. "It's time to work, so I have to get in that zone, it's like a different headspace," Beyonce explains. "Me getting the weight off was so much easier than getting back in shape and my body feeling comfortable." The empowering clip ends with Beyonce showing Borges that she can now fit into her Wonder Woman costume. "Seriously, you look amazing!" Borges says. While Borges' vegan plan is only for 22 days, Beyonce followed the program for 44 days "to meet her goals for Coachella," according to the video. The idea behind the program is that it takes 21 days to break a habit. On the 22nd day of the plan, participants will realize they have started to form new, healthier habits. Beyonce previously shared her road to Coachella in the Emmy-nominated Netflix documentary Homecoming. In the film, she shared she had trouble both physically and mentally. "In the beginning, it was so many muscle spasms," she said. "Just internally, my body was not connected -- my mind was not there. My mind wanted to be with my children." "In order for me to meet my goal, I'm limiting myself to no bread, no carbs, no sugar, no dairy, no meat, no fish, no alcohol," she said. "And I'm hungry!" Her performance was an unquestionable success, but looking back, Beyonce said that she went a little too far in her preparation. "Just trying to figure out how to balance being a mother of a 6-year-old and of twins that need me -- and giving myself creatively and physically, it was a lot to juggle," she said. "It's not like before when I could rehearse for 15 hours straight. I have children. I have a husband. I have to take care of my body. I definitely pushed myself further than I knew I could. And I learned a very valuable lesson. I will never, never push myself that far again." (People)

My Chemical Romance's Frank Iero Says a Reunion Isn't Happening, Despite What Joe Jonas Says. My Chemical Romance hasn't been an active band for six years, though the rumor mill got cranked last month by a most unusual source in Joe Jonas. MCR guitarist Frank Iero has now poured cold water on that reunion gossip, and he questions why on earth a JoBro was the cause of it. Joe Jonas set things off when he told the U.K.'s KISS FM Breakfast show, "I've got some dirt." MCR was "apparently rehearsing" next to the pop band in New York recently, "which I thought they broke up, so I don't know," he said. Maybe he heard wrong. In an interview with the Asbury Park Press, MCR guitarist Frank Iero went on the record by saying it ain't so, and he's doubled-down in an interview for the Zach Sang Show. "I don't understand why you would do an interview about your band and talk about someone else's band," Iero said in the interview, which aired Wednesday. "I think they're trying to rebrand their band as a real rock band and they're trying to mention as many rock bands and trying to get, like, synonymous with other things. And people aren't gonna forget that you're a Disney band, bro. Sorry, it's not gonna happen." So that's that. The Jonas Brothers, Kevin, Joe and Nick, have been flying high since reforming. Their comeback song "Sucker" breezed to No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100, marking their first leader on the list. And the album it's lifted from, Happiness Begins, bowed at No. 1 on the Billboard 200 last month. MCR disbanded in March 2013, announcing at the time it was simply "time for it to end" after 12 years and four albums as a unit. (Billboard)

Louis Tomlinson Slams "Bulls -- t" Report About Why One Direction Split. Louis Tomlinson took to Twitter on Wednesday to set the record straight on a certain report about One Direction's split. On Tuesday, Mirror Online published an article with the headline "Drugs, Meltdowns and 'Gay Sex' Rumors -- How 'Rivalry and Hatred' Tore One Direction Apart." In the piece, the author wrote about the group's rise to fame and alleged there were a number of factors that led the singers to break up. The writer made claims about partying and smoking habits, as well as about reactions to Zayn Malik's departure. In addition, the author wrote there was a theory "that the 'Larry Stylinson' fan fiction depicting" Tomlison and Harry Styles as "lovers had pushed them apart." However, Tomlinson quickly shot down the report -- tweeting that it wasn't true. "Biggest load of bulls--t I've seen in a while," he wrote on the social network. "Typical unprovoked venom from The Mirror. Couldn't be further from the truth." This wasn't the first time Tomlinson had slammed these types of rumors, especially those about a relationship with Styles. In fact, he's denounced them on several occasions, including in 2012 when he tweeted that "Larry is the biggest load of bulls--t I've ever heard." He also took to Twitter after HBO's show Euphoria aired a sexually explicit animated scene about the two stars, noting that he "was not contacted nor did I approve it." The article was published on the boy band's nine-year anniversary. While it's been years since the group announced the "hiatus," Tomlinson made sure to thank the fans for their love and support. "So many incredible memories," he tweeted. "Days like today are days for reflection, so proud looking back! Thank you for ALWAYS having our backs! Big love to the lads! #9YearsOfOneDirection." (Eonline)

Lil Nas X is using his popularity to jack old songs and rack up millions of views -- and dollars -- without rights to do so ... according to a new lawsuit. The 20-year-old rapper -- who's been the hottest thing in hip-hop and possibly country this year -- is being sued, along with Sony, by a company called The Music Force for jacking the 1982 Bobby Caldwell song, "Carry On." According to the suit ... X posted a track on YouTube, Spotify and Soundcloud that appropriated parts of "Carry On" without permission, and as of early July it had nearly 4 million YT views. The Music Force alleges Lil Nas was "motivated by greed and malicious intent." The company is also suing Sony because it recently signed the rapper to a record deal ... and it says it should made sure its artist got the song cleared. The Music Force is asking for a whopping $25 million, claiming X has destroyed the value of its Bobby Caldwell song by jacking it. We reached out to Lil Nas and Sony ... no word back so far. (TMZ)

Tay-K Appeals His 55-Year Prison Sentence. A Texas teenager who rapped under the name Tay-K has been sentenced to 55 years in prison for the 2016 shooting death of a man during a home invasion. A jury in Fort Worth convicted 19-year-old Taymor McIntyre last week for his role in the death of 21-year-old Ethan Walker. On Tuesday, the jury deliberated for about three hours before sentencing McIntyre to 55 years in prison and a $10,000 fine. The Star-Telegram reports that McIntyre has appealed his conviction and sentence. The man who shot Walker was sentenced last year to life in prison. Prosecutors have said McIntyre was charged with murder because he recruited the triggerman and organized the robbery. He was 16 when the killing occurred but was tried as an adult. On Monday, the prosecution presented the jury with the music video and lyrics to his 2017 breakout hit "The Race," which they claimed perpetrates violence and shows him brandishing a firearm. Tay-K is also facing a separate capital murder charge for allegedly shooting a man at a Chick-Fil-A in San Antonio back in April 2017. (Billboard)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Show 2-5pm Today Arizona Time - Music To Grill By

Born On This Day...

Music Beat - with your host Keith Anderson Monday, and Friday at 12 noon & 10pm Arizona Timezone