Music

Bryan Adams gives surprise performance on 'Pretty Woman' stage. Rocker Bryan Adams surprised the audience at the Nederlander Theatre Thursday, popping up onstage during "Pretty Woman." The "Summer of '69" singer co-wrote -- with Jim Vallance -- the music for the Broadway adaptation of the hit 1990 Julia Roberts flick. Adams came on during a curtain call to perform the show's romantic ballad, "You and I." He was joined by the cast for the finale. "During the standing ovation, one excited female fan ran to the edge of the stage," an attendee told us. "She asked Bryan to sign her Playbill and her arm." Roberts herself has seen the show, attending a special performance in August that honored the movie's late director, Garry Marshall. (PageSix)

Cardi B is dropping another song with Bruno Mars. Cardi B, who announced at the beginning of the year that "there's gonna be a new album in 2019," will drop another song with Bruno Mars, Page Six has exclusively been told. We hear the track -- which we learned will feature another big artist as well -- is slated to drop Jan. 25 but could be pushed back due to Cardi's busy schedule. It's unclear whether the track will be part of the promised new album. The date makes sense. The "Bodak Yellow" rapper and Mars are scheduled to perform together ahead of the Super Bowl as part of the Bud Light Super Bowl Music Fest in Atlanta on Feb. 2. Aerosmith, Ludacris and Migos -- the trio that includes Cardi's estranged husband, Offset -- are slated to co-headline the three-day event. Cardi and Mars have previously worked together, releasing the hit remix of Mars' "Finesse" in January 2018. Cardi was scheduled to make 12 appearances on the "Just the Way You Are" singer's "24K Magic" tour, but she pulled out in July after giving birth to daughter Kulture. She wrote at the time: "I thought that after giving birth .?.?. 6 weeks would be enough time for me to recover mentally and physically .?.?. but I think I underestimated this whole mommy thing." Mars responded with "A Message for Cardi" on Instagram: "Most important thing is you and your family's health .?.?. I also know we'll share the stage when the time is right." Mars is a big fan of the rapper. He's said of meeting her for the first time, "She walked in the room and she was everything I'd hope she'd be. Never change, Cardi!" Cardi announced on Instagram on Jan. 1 that she's trying for a new album in April, but said, "I don't know if that's possible, because I feel like I'm gonna be extremely, extremely busy." The hit-maker is on tour in New Zealand, where she picked a wedgie onstage and posted a shot of herself on the beach. Reps didn't get back to us. (PageSix)

Justin Timberlake Returns to Touring After Suffering From Bruised Vocal Cords. Justin Timberlake is back. After months of suffering from bruised vocal cords, the 37-year-old singer is returning to the stage for The Man of the Woods Tour 2019. Timberlake was set to perform Friday, Jan. 4 at the Capital One Arena in Washington D.C. JT celebrated the big moment by posting a video of himself prepping for the show on Instagram. "First of all, happy New Year! Hope everybody had a great holiday. Second of all, D.C., we're here. We're back. Can't wait! Excited. Y'all ready?" he asked his crew in a video shared Thursday. "Let's go!" The former 'N Sync band member captioned the footage, "And... we're back. See you tomorrow DC! #MOTWTOUR." It certainly hasn't been the easiest time for the recording artist. After kicking off his tour in March, Timberlake postponed several concerts towards the end of the year due to bruised vocal cords. In December, he pushed back the remainder of his 2018 shows. "Hey Guys, I'm sure you have heard that I've had to postpone several tour dates due to bruised vocal cords," he wrote via a note shared to Instagram at the time. "My vocal cords are healing, but they are not all the way back to normal yet, so my doctors want me to continue to rest my voice. They have asked me to hold off on singing until next month. I'm really sorry, I want to be back on the stage and I am doing all I can to get there quickly. Thank you for understanding -- I see all of your posts and I appreciate the support and the love. I look forward to coming back stronger than I was before. More to come on rescheduled dates." Luckily, some of Timberlake's celebrity friends offered to help him out. Jonah Hill, for instance, joked he could serve as a substitute. "I have decided to fill in got JT on his remaining dates," the actor wrote on Instagram. "It's what we do in our incredibly small circle of people with extraordinary voices. Feel better. I got you until you do." Still, the "SexyBack" singer tried to make the best of a tough situation. For instance, he did a completely silent interview during his vocal rest on The Tonight Show. Host Jimmy Fallon and Timberlake's wife, Jessica Biel, also helped him out. Here's to a happy and healthy 2019, Justin! (Eonline)

Axl Rose's First New Song In A Decade Is A 'Looney Tunes' Collaboration. Axl Rose hasn't released new music since Guns N' Roses finally dropped their long-awaited Chinese Democracy in 2008 --until today (Jan. 5), when the singer released a solo song with the help of one notoriously wascally wabbit. "Rock the Rock" comes as part of the Looney Tunes reboot on the streaming service Boomerang, and the newly released music video features an animated Rose declaring, "Gentlemen, it's time to rock the rock" before performing with Bugs Bunny and company as his backing band. The song, written by Rob Janas and Joshua Funk, is featured in the New Looney Tunes episode "Armageddon Out of Here, Part 2," where the 'toons team up with Rose to rock out loud enough to destroy an incoming asteroid. (Billboard)

Britney Spears Taking Indefinite Work Hiatus to Focus on Father's Health. Britney Spears is pressing the pause button on her work commitments. On Friday morning, the Grammy winner announced an indefinite work hiatus to devote all of her time to her family and their efforts to care for her father during his recovery from a recent life-threatening illness. "I am dedicating my focus and energy to care for my family. We have a very special relationship and I want to be with my family at this time just like they have always been there for me," Britney said in a statement. "Thank you to all my fans for your continued love and support during this time. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused and I look forward to the time when I can be back on stage performing for all of you." The announcement puts her "Britney: Domination" concerts at Park Theater inside the new Park MGM resort in Las Vegas on hold until further notice. Refunds are available at original point of purchase. Two months ago, Jamie Spears became ill and was rushed to a hospital in Las Vegas. We're told his colon spontaneously ruptured and he was immediately admitted into surgery. After a long recovery that included almost a month in the hospital, he is recuperating at home and gaining his strength. Jamie is expected to make a full recovery. "I don't even know where to start with this, because this is so tough for me to say. I will not be performing my new show Domination," Britney shared on Instagram Friday morning. "I've been looking forward to this show and seeing all of you this year, so doing this breaks my heart. However, it's important to always put your family first... and that's the decision I had to make." She continued, " A couple of months ago, my father was hospitalized and almost died. We're all so grateful that he came out of it alive, but he still has a long road ahead of him. I had to make the difficult decision to put my full focus and energy on my family at this time. I hope you all can understand. More information on ticket refunds is available on britneyspears.com. I appreciate your prayers and support for my family during this time. Thank you and love you all... always." Jamie Lynn Spears would repost the Instagram that included a throwback picture with Britney and her parents. It's no secret that Jamie and Britney have a very special father-daughter bond. In fact, the singer credits her dad for helping her get through a difficult period in her life. "My father saved my life," Britney once explained to the Daily Star. "I probably wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him...I owe him my life." We're wishing Jamie a full recovery. (Eonline)

If Jon Bon Jovi's voice ever craps out, we found the perfect stand-in ... a guy who already knows all the lyrics, and is usually just a few feet away onstage -- his keyboardist, David Bryan! David walked into the Casa Nightclub in St. Bart's Wednesday around closing time -- 5 AM (island time, mon) -- with some friends. The DJs -- Shortkutz and Chris Magic -- recognized the Bon Jovi rocker and started blasting the Hall of Fame band's hits. DB must've been feeling real good because he jumped up and grabbed the mic to belt out "It's My Life" and "Livin' on a Prayer." Folks at Casa tell us the club's owner, Julien Roussel, decided to stay open a little later so the patrons could enjoy the free concert and keep singing along. David sang 5 of the band's hits when it was all said and done before waltzing out of the joint. BTW ... Bon Jovi goes on tour in May, but we're pretty sure Bryan will be back on keys and backup vocals. For now. (TMZ)

Diddy's $1M salary could shut down Fox's 'The Four'. Diddy is a $1 million problem for Fox's "The Four: Battle for Stardom." Multiple sources tell Page Six that the -- music-competition show is on the verge of being canceled because of the hip-hop icon's high salary. We're told Diddy commands $1 million per episode, and execs think he's too expensive -- considering Season 2 ratings haven't blossomed from its debut season. "The show tried to get Diddy to lower his rate, and he won't," an insider told us of the popular "Voice" competitor, which also stars DJ Khaled and Meghan Trainor as panelists and Fergie as the host. "They're not bringing the show back because of that. The decision isn't definite yet, but it's not likely that it will return." "The Four" debuted in January 2018 and returned for its second season in June. We hear a summer premiere wasn't ideal for the superstar, but Diddy told us his experience with Fox and "The Four" has been stellar. "[This] story is completely false," Diddy told us in a statement. "I have a great working relationship with Fox. They have been great partners with me and my family, and this is not how I conduct business. I love this show. It is very special to me." Another insider added: "The show is not canceled for good. It's just not immediately coming back. It's not on the current slate for midseason." But the first source told us there have been multiple talks about switching things up on the show. "They were talking about replacing judges, as well," the source said. We're told that producers believe that Diddy "is the show," so replacing him at the table is highly unlikely. "The Four" got off to a rocky start when then-judge and music exec Charlie Walk found himself embroiled in the #MeToo movement. He was fired before the Season 1 finale. He claimed he was being extorted before being accused of sexual misconduct by several of his former employees. "We have a huge amount of respect for [Diddy,] and he has been central to 'The Four,'" a rep for Fox told Page Six. "We would not do another installment without him. We have a partnership that has worked well for both of us, and we look forward to continuing our relationship with him and his company." (PageSix)

Foo Fighters could be collaborating with Jeremy Renner. Hollywood goes grunge? Jeremy Renner -- who, sources told Page Six way back in 2015, was busy in the studio trying to record an album -- was spotted chatting up Foo Fighters front man Dave Grohl at On the Record at Park MGM's opening party in Las Vegas. "They were talking about getting together and writing some music," said a spy. The "Avengers" star, who plays keyboard, guitar and drums, showed off his singing skills at the bash, belting out "New York State of Mind" in one of the new spot's three hidden karaoke rooms. Also, there were Marisa Tomei, Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Adam Lambert. (PageSix)

Future Shares New Track 'Crushed Up': Stream It Now. Future performs onstage during the Final Stop of 'Aubrey & The three Amigos Tour' at State Farm Arena on Nov. 18, 2018 in Atlanta. On New Year's Eve, Future shared a new track called "NASA" featuring French Montana and production from Future's right hand man, DJ Esco. You had to get in quick, because "NASA" promptly disappeared into space. No matter. The prolific hip-hop star just dropped another new release, the Auto-Tune-stacked, Wheezy-produced "Crushed Up." "Crushed Up" marks Future's first release from since WRLD On Drugs, his surprise collaborative set with Juice WRLD that bowed atop the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart last November. The new arrival drops just a few days after the birth of Future's fifth child, Hendrix. There's no word yet on when "NASA" will blast off. (Billboard)

John Legend Slams R. Kelly, Discusses Appearance In 'Surviving' Docuseries. John Legend has ripped R. Kelly and thrown his support behind the women who've accused the controversial R&B star of abuse. In a tweet late Thursday, Legend discussed his appearance in the new documentary series Surviving R. Kelly, which kicked off earlier in the evening on Lifetime and will feature testimonies from women that allegedly encountered mental, physical, and sexual harm at Kelly's hands. Legend makes it clear, he has zero time for Kelly. "To everyone telling me how courageous I am for appearing in the doc, it didn't feel risky at all. I believe these women and don't give a fuck about protecting a serial child rapist. Easy decision," he writes. In a separate message, he added: "I'm happy to support the work of people like my friends at A Long Walk Home who have been speaking out on behalf of the survivors for a long time." As previously reported, Kelly's legal reps threatened to sue the broadcaster if it carried through with its plans to air the three-night series. The "I Believe I Can Fly" singer's lawyer reportedly alleges that the documentary is filled with false allegations, and suggests the subjects are defaming his client for personal gain. The six-part docuseries will feature 50 interviews, including civil rights activist Tarana Burke, singer Sparkle, ex-wife Andrea Kelly, ex-girlfriend Kitti Jones, and brothers Carey and Bruce Kelly. Legend is the highest-profile celebrity to participate. In a recent interview with Detroit Free Press, producer dream hampton praised the EGOT star as a "hero". When it comes to celebrities, "it was incredibly difficult to get people who had collaborated (artistically) with Kelly to come forward. We asked Lady Gaga. We asked Erykah Badu. We asked Celine Dion. We asked Jay-Z. We asked Dave Chappelle," he explained. "(They're) people who have been critical of him. That makes John Legend even more of a hero for me." According to the filmmakers, Surviving R. Kelly will explore Kelly's "controversial past" beginning in 1970 through present day, "shedding light on the R&B star whose history of alleged abuse of underage African American girls has, until recently, been largely ignored by mainstream media." Attendees at the premiere last month in New York were evacuated from the venue after a gun threat was called in. (Billboard)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Show 2-5pm Today Arizona Time - Music To Grill By

Born On This Day...

Timetraxx - with your host Keith Anderson Monday, and Friday at 12 noon & 10pm Arizona Timezone