RIDICULOUS, ANNOYING THINGS PEOPLE SAY WHEN YOU GET MARRIED
For some baffling, annoying reason, crossing the threshold from single to married seems to open a Pandora's box of weird, random, and downright ridiculous remarks and questions. Here, 16 of some of the most common, annoying, and/or completely crazy:
- "So ... when are you having kids?" (And any variation on this, like, "When are you going to start trying?" or "Are you pulling the goalie?")
- "You're not hyphenating and/or taking his horrible last name, right?"
- "Are you still allowed to go out without him?"
- "Hey, you know statistics show you have less than a 50 percent chance of this working out, right?"
- "He'll make a great first husband!"
- "How's the old ball and chain?"
- "Congrats! Your sex life is over!"
- "I always thought you'd end up with (fill-in-the-blank person or type of person other than the new husband)."
- "Is that true what they say about marriage killing your sex life?"
- "You probably already miss the single life, huh?"
- "Does your husband let you wear THAT?"
- "Why bother exercising/eating right? Now that the wedding's over, you can get fat!"
- "Here's the card of a divorce lawyer I know in case it doesn't work out."
- "Welcome to the club! Now we can be miserable together."
- "Why are you doing your hair/makeup? You've already got 'im!"
- "Are you still going to work?" ... (Uh, what year is this again?!)
Post a Comment