- Operation Desert Shield was the code name of the build-up to action in what country? A: Iraq.
- What body builder said, "You too can have a body like mine?" A: Charles Atlas.
- What rock group recorded the album Dark Side of the Moon? A: Pink Floyd.
- Narcissus spurned Echo's love and was punished by being made to fall in love with what? A: his own reflection.
- What politician succeeded Nixon as President of the USA in 1974? A: Ford.
- Who was the 41st President of the USA? A: George H. Bush
- What male vocalist was the first rock star to appear on the covers of both Time and Newsweek in the same week? A: Bruce Springsteen, in 1975.
- Julia Roberts was up for an Oscar as Sally Field's daughter in what movie? A: Steel Magnolias.
- Pravda, a former Soviet Communist Party newspaper was re-launched as a tabloid in what year? A: 1996.
- Which scientific unit gives a measure of loudness? A: Decibel.
- The behavior of sound in rooms and concert halls is a separate science. what is its name? A: Acoustics.
- What kind of animal is an iguana? A: Reptile.
- Camera film bears an ISO number. What does ISO stand for? A: International Standards Organization.
- What is the name given to the molten rock beneath the surface of the Earth? A: Magma.
- Which disease is spread in minute water drops? A: Legionnaire's disease.
- What raw material is used for making glass? A: Sand.
- What is the strong inelastic material found in a human tendon? A: Collagen.
- What material forms the hard outermost layer of a human tooth? A: Enamel.
- Snowflakes are symmetrical. How many sides do they have? A: Six.
- What name is given to an atomic particle carrying a negative charge? A: Electron.
- DNA is found in which part of the cell? A: Nucleus.
- By which name is the drug acetylsalicylic acid better known? A: Aspirin.
- How many legs has an insect? A: Six.
- What is the most abundant element in the universe? A: Hydrogen.
- What famous writer wrote East of Eden? A: John Steinbeck.
- The Grass Is Always Greener Over the Septic Tank is a best seller written by what funny lady? A: Erma Bombeck.
- Standard Condoms can keep for up to how long if stored in a cool dark place? A: Four years.
Post a Comment