THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- NBC's Sunday Night Football matchup between Green Bay and Kansas City beat out FOX's broadcast of the fifth game in the World Series, but lost 14% of its audience from the previous week. An average of 16.2 million viewers tuned in to watch football on NBC, while Fox garnered 10.6 million -- a record low for this series.
- Hours before the 72-year-old singer's "Farewell Yellow Brick Road Tour" concert in Indianapolis last Saturday, Elton announced "with the heaviest heart" that he was postponing the show because of an illness. The postponement came just days after Elton's mother-in-law, Gladys Furnish, died two days earlier.
- A report says that 41% of the world population is under 24, with only 9% over 65.
- The money spent on Halloween has fallen for the second straight year.
- ESPN has pulled the plug on the musical component of its halftime show, swapping out the performance segment for a more traditional interval of chalk talk and game analysis.
- Acorns are becoming popular to eat in some countries because of their properties in fighting obesity and diabetes.
- Joe Biden says he asked Barack Obama not to endorse him for President.
- McDonald' says its trial run with meatless patties doesn't guarantee a spot on the menu.
- Samantha Markle may have been suspended from Twitter in August, but Meghan Markle's half-sister is still out here making headlines for all the stuff she says online. Police have reportedly opened an investigation because of multiple complaints of cyberbullying geared toward Meghan and Prince Harry after countries like Canada, Sweden, and the U.K. have filed complaints.
- The Ninth Circuit on Monday revived a lawsuit accusing Taylor Swift of ripping off lyrics for "Shake It Off" from an earlier song, citing a century-old ruling that says it's "dangerous" for judges to quickly toss copyright suits.
- Taco Bell is giving away free tacos today from 2-6pm with their World Series stolen base promotion. Don't say I didn't remind you.
- Democratic front-runner Joe Biden reportedly was denied Communion by a priest at a South Carolina Catholic church last weekend.
- Someone dumped a box of screws on Highway 101 up near Port Angeles, Washington, last week. Over 300 cars ended up with flat tires. Needless to say, the local tire store was very busy. Hmmmmmm...
- A documentary on Anthony Bourdain is in the works.
- A new study says U.S. teens are watching screens over 7 hours a day... NOT including school time.
- Apple has released nearly 60 new emojis, many with a focus on inclusion and diversity.
- Peter Cook, the ex-husband of Christie Brinkley, is engaged to a 21-year-old college student, Alba Jancou.
- The memoir Prince started but didn't finish before his 2016 death is ready for his fans to read. And his collaborator, Dan Piepenbring, is telling all on how "The Beautiful Ones" finally came together. They met face-to-face for about 15 hours before the superstar's death from an accidental drug overdose.
- It appears Ben Affleck and musician Katie Cherry are dating.
- Costco is now selling pumpkin pie in a jar. All you add is a crust and a couple of eggs.
Post a Comment