THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Yes, we have bacon. Lots of it. In fact, over 40 million pounds of pork bellies, the cut used for bacon making, were sitting in refrigerated warehouses as of September 30th. That's the most for the month since 1971.
- A 15,000-pound monument made of black granite built to honor victims of a plane crash that took the lives of Lynyrd Skynyrd founder and lead singer Ronnie Van Zant and five others was dedicated in Gillsburg, Mississippi on Sunday, the 42nd anniversary of the tragedy.
- There are those who say that Selena Gomez's new song, "Lose You to Love Me" is about her breakup with Justin Bieber.
- Procter & Gamble's "Always" is removing the Venus symbol from pad wrappers after transgender advocates pointed out that some trans and non-binary consumers are customers too.
- Pizza Hut is testing round pizza boxes.
- Zooey Deschanel and her husband had separated earlier this year, but now he has filed for divorce after she went public with a new relationship.
- Elton John says he has not seen "Bohemian Rhapsody" because he and Freddy Mercury were close and it would just be "too hard."
- Country stars Maren Morris and Ryan Hurd are expecting their first child together.
- In Canada, a priest has been sentenced to two years in prison after being found guilty of gambling away $1 million that was supposed to go to refugees.
- In Florida, a man was arrested for DUI while riding a Segway.
- Alanis Morissette says she had postpartum depression for the third time after her third child.
- So, if you're a couple expecting a baby and you got on a vacation, it's called going on a "Baby Moon."
- Miley Cyrus' latest love interest, Cody Simpson, just won Australia's version of "The Masked Singer."
- Snoop Dogg celebrated his 48th birthday on Sunday with a 48-joint bouquet.
- Just launched this week in Seattle-Wowzer, a dating app for people who love dogs.
- Actress Lori Loughlin and more than a dozen other parents and coaches charged in the "Varsity Blues" college admissions scandal are facing additional federal bribery counts after a Massachusetts grand jury handed up a pair of new indictments Tuesday.
- The next time you shop at Kroger and want to get cash back, there's now a fee attached to that.
Post a Comment